Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:10 AM   #131

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
sgspirit how many do you have? i have 13 at one time. count how many now at least 7 not all in pic
If and when the 920 arrives, I will have 3. ( + DDV-810 and DDV-720) The 920 will be my 5th one, in two years. My wife and friends think I'm nuts going through them at this rate. I've already started offering the DDV-720 for sale.

Not saying there's anything wrong with collecting things, but I don't. I don't like having money tied up in things I don't use, these cameras become worthless if you don't sell them right away, and collecting stuff has an unnecessary environmental impact. Like, what does Seinfeld do with two dozen Porsches? And what if everyone had dozens of cars? I'm certainly not limiting my consumption of these cameras because I can't afford a whole bunch of them.

I'm not so much into having these cameras as I'm into what I can do with them. And the newer the camera, the better job it does so the less likely I am to use an older one. For instance, what would I want to do with the Aiptek DV4500 I once had? Or the DDV-S670? Also, if I were going to tie up as much money in these cameras as a bunch of them represents, I'd buy one expensive model instead.

End of lecture.

That said, it's neat to see a bunch of them sitting together. I wonder if there's anyone collecting all of them. I guess they'd have 100-200 by now.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:07 AM   #132

the reason why I have that many

1. avi file very small file size perfect for the net pic size as well

2 asf file size smal as wel as pic

3 one camera has 5 settings rather then 2 on both still pic, as well as 3 on pc camera

4 as the newer ones approach yo'll find out with the 920 2 meg is the smallest size and that is goingto lead in a lot of cropping and file reduction in order to get on the net in a free spot

as bandwidth in here as well as more people getting online it is good to have a higher file storage area but for now tp pay for a domain is not worth the effort

that may be a reason why I have so many sentimental values. always use for different shots like doing a tutural on the car

the mustek 4500 going on vacation the mustek 3500 snappin avid for avatar the mustek 3000 doing some internet footage the aiptek 5300 at work the Aiptek Mpvr all being Utilized.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:13 AM   #133

Highest Price paid so far 180.50 by bugguy75inches 11 bidders mibridge wanted to get it real bad but lost out while Vilam33 did his or her best to get back in there.

good luck tonight Vilam33 these cameras are now going to hold a 180. plus 200 as attention is getting there
Old Apr 1, 2006, 4:10 PM   #134

3 more up 1 hour plus and the price is super low see the other ones what the price will be thats 3 more out the box
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:14 PM   #135

First just went for $132.50 - Vilam33 outbid in the last few seconds.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:33 PM   #136

earlieer the better ishould have stayed home dam target
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:04 PM   #137

addicted to watch the auction the later camera is ata higher price over thearlieer one WOW
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:00 PM   #138

Second went for $127.50 ( a new low for a 920).:shock:

Q of G may have to go back to one a day.:-)
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:33 AM   #139

That's a lot of camera for $127.50.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:36 AM   #140

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
920 Travel Log

Originated at Little Rock
9 hr in transit to St. Louis
5 hr resting
6hr in transit to Chicago
10.5hr resting
Departed Chicago, no update posted for 14hr now. Seems to me it goes to the Toronto area now, as it continues to get farther from its destination.
24 hours later, still no further update. The package left Chicago about 38 hours ago.
Another 24 hours has passed with no update. The package left Chicago about 62 hours ago. And of course UPS doesn't operate over the weekend.
My 920 has been sneaking across the norther US, and resurfaced in Redmond Washington at 3:00am today. 4.5 hours later, it departed Redmond, and presumably is on the way here. Looks like I may just get it on Tuesday, as scheduled. Maybe even Monday.