Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 6, 2006, 1:37 AM   #161

I just checked my email and it said that the package has been delivered.. So I ran downstairs and opened the door and...

ITS HERE!!!!!! =D

Can't wait to test drive this baby!
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:08 AM   #162

BTW.... I got this thing almost all figured out except one:

I have some downloaded episodes of simpsons and Family Guy. I tried a drag and drip into the movie folder but they don't show up on the camera. any1 else have this problem? Drag and drop for photos and mp3s works excellently.

Oh, and Fishy i remember you saying you had some problems with your SD cards. So far i've haven't run into any problems. I let it stand recording for about 15 min and had no probs at all. I'm using a 1GB Kingston SD card.

Also, cool thing - you CAN snap pictures while in video mode. SWEET!. heheh.
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:00 AM   #163

yeah its my sd cards, i think not

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"The filming with light behind I think its a star trek transporter lights up and down seen the vids it'll point out
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:48 PM   #164

aijuswannasing wrote:
Quote:
Also, cool thing - you CAN snap pictures while in video mode. SWEET!. heheh.
The 810 claimed this feature but couldn't do it. I too came across it on the 920, because I wanted to see if it worked as advertised. It does take the still in the lowest quality, but that's ok. And the shutter button makes a click on the video soundtrack, but that's ok too for such a handy feature. Unlike I've seen reported on some more expensive cams with this feature, it does not cause the video to pause.

Two thunbs up!
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 3:55 AM   #165

correct al works great on that , but when you edit your software that feature can also be grabbed

what is nice but a real delay is the burst mode 5 snaps cha ching 1,2,3, chaching ,1,2,3 oops not forgeth the thousand or mississippi count,

too slow but you want those captures not Blurred

another downside the camera must adjust to sunlight try poiting it down andquickly point into a day ********* not in thesun but in a landscape shot and then snap same in vid

you get wash out pix.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:22 PM   #166

Does anyone know if the DDV-920 will charge itself if plugged in while also in use? I need to video a five hour event.

So I still haven't received a response from iSPAN regarding the low video bit rate as yet. QoG say s/he is still trying to get to the bottom of this as well. In the mean time, I remembered that the Canon A620 I bought my wife for Christmas can produce MPEG4. So I tested it. Its video bit rate is 1.6Mbps. As you can imagine its video quality is superior to the DDV-920. However, also not surprisingly the 11 sec clip was 18MB!
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:51 PM   #167

I found my answer. It was in the "Load Battery" section of the manual. Yes you can operate the camera from the charger.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 7:56 PM   #168

cd manual will tell you 45 plus pages
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:04 PM   #169

Fishy, did you ever test your video bit rate?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:26 PM   #170

ha ha ha not funny I can view asf in win media but cannot do a property for bit rate lol

so I got one its on a night shot and will sesome others if acceptable to you. here's a pic

O guess I got lucky when I clicked on the vid lol

ah found my mistake