Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 8, 2006, 6:55 AM   #181

this topic is really booming. its going to me an Importantthread as members are getting their hybrids in, with complaints and some comments

1. I do not like the way it shuts down when you close the lid its turns off no standby, am I wrong or my Ispan ddv 920 is not a ddv 920? my Mpvr w/p hitting the off shuts off, so I think both have the same o/off feature but the MPVr wins when you can have constant on/3,5, minute timing for off. my dv5300 of aiptek has again the same features when shutting off the camera w/o the on/off button screen clousre its on and goes to Hybernate may seem better and that minute of screen time /off the green light is orange not green any button brings it back on constant the best feature I have so far on one good camera.

2 bitrates the ddv 920 is low low low highest res to lowest res brightest pic to darkest pic if daylight or night light with sharpness and other features added or not, the Aiptek with al its functions or not very nice, and even with the nightmde , its even higher t he ddv 920 no night light and the again the 920 may have not needed it due to betterproformance with pixaltion on the sides at darker vids for me until someone can prooveit has clearer vids its cannot claim the best yet. now, Is-Dv Aitpek 1217 at 15fps hmm claimed 30 fps may have been low res I was on but excellent vid. cannot property click on this fileformat others I can. mustek dv4500 947 9.5 fps there are quite a bit of difference from the real low numbers of asf files, compared to the low numbers of avi files as well as its high ones. mustek dv3000 56 kkbs and 4 bit aud. that is at lowest and on a night one 26kkbs at 4 for sound

the property only worked for me on avi thestatistics worked for me only asf so as you use different software or 3rd party you'll get diffrent readings.

these are my comments if they were helpful. I believe a sticker on mycamera tells me I got a Ispan product but a digilife camera.

and sure the Supacam , digilife, and ispan are the same to the T but may have added or less features. not happy with the Proformance at all

1. grain

2 night life is like a star trek transportor

3 dayllight Pure sunlight is also like a star trek transportor

4 no light level on ft

5 no hybernate

I am stopping

Until others Post thier vids ofa working nightshot, perfect day shot who do we believe.

you may upload at anytime thank you.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 10:20 AM   #182

Now has anyone else taken a picture and printed out in 8x10. I have loaded up my ink cartridge ad I havefinaly got it solid color in printing

Digilife (ispan) and Aiptek (SVC)

the bridge shot is 11 meg enhanced and what i see about the 920's print on glossy paper andwill have to do a 4x6 to complete my test.

920 the ski is truely Blue when theshot was taken no threat of snow or rain just some cloud water really calm and have current running. the Print shows just that from the very top of the picture on the page, but as it works down you can see White pixals (noise) some distortion. i am not an expert, but if I were to look at the Picture I would be impressed but missing that clear coat. the water may not be clear enough but some grain, can deffently tell how many cables are holding up the bridge th container wall or side walk is not the real color of cement grass is not yet in for spring but there the colors of the cement not perfect shadow and depth is there but missing that umpth.. blue hue and green hue present, possablr my Ink may be off.

Printer is a Lexmark Z43, and not the best in the world I hava Hp, and will do a run test on that later. I hear kodak is best in photo paper I can send a pic in for free and get it back for a small price some swear by online prints they have a far better system.

The Aiptek is of a threat of snow that blew by and still has some blue in the ski and depth.. the Print from top the Cloud of snow it is just like I imagined when in Person clouds are after that big one and no white grain or noise present. color of bridge more defined. a tab grainy on the rightt o center the land and water got some nice shine there is in the great distance a white section and it reflects off the water , can make out all the details on the container or wall correct cement color

Between both pics each are differen one was a cloudy day (white) the other a clear day (blue). they both are excellent shots no doubt about it. the aiptek photo was glossy and smooth, the 920 had blue hue, and green hueand seemed to be softer

which one would go on my wall at my Pc area. both I would have my Aiptek hanging more in the open though.

lets get a 4x6 of both out on the table and compare

looking at the 4x6 Ispan (digilife ) 920 and the Aiptek (SVC) MPVr

you cannot reallys ay much they are both excellent shots again Blue hue , less of the green hue present some noise or grain present but only if you really stare at the pic. cables of the bridge are blended in, and shadow by the exspansions are noticable excellent shot for the 920

the cloud got that color ofwhite and what really ispeircing through is blue a mean streak its is like a punch nice and clear, no hue of colors the smoothness or lur mentiond is on the cables just like the 920.

My outcome Aiptek at 6 megapixals or Ispan at 11 megapixals enhancenment I think both are still 3 meg on the Aiptek, and 5. plus on the Ispan. al the camera didwas enhanced thesoftness, sharpness. etc by thesensor. to have the extra gizms may be overkill. 3rd party software can fix these issues and that isexactly what i have did on my 4x6. they are great no matter what I say or do.

I can tell you this.

I have taken a2 mega shot with my olympus it won hands down get a lot closer to the object, and have a clearer picture. but we're talking Aiptek, Ispan, etc here. both again come out winners prefrence is the only issue thanks for allowing me to exspress my opinon (mod or not)
Old Apr 8, 2006, 3:02 PM   #183

aijuswannasing wrote:
Quote:
3)¬*¬* The big issue i'm having right now is converting movie files from whatever format to a playable .AVI on the 920.¬*¬* By renaming clips to CLIP000x.AVI i am able to acess them through the camera - however when playing the sound is fine but the image gets all jarbled up and pixelated.¬* The MakeAVIS program included on the install CD won't seem to work for me (i get a AviSyth error) and have tried using the xvid and¬* ffvfw codecs with third party software.¬* Same results.¬* If anyone figures out the correct codec and codec settings to convert a watchable movie from the comp on the 920, PLEASE voice it here.
I don't have an answer for you as yet but I am getting the same AviSyth error as you.
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 10:50 PM   #184

bobbyc03 wrote:
Quote:
Guys there is a error in the windows summary statistics.¬* The DDV-920 and the DDV-1000 are both 1.8Mbps data rate.¬* The windows summary shows 234kbps. Here's what my nero player statistics show.¬* When I did a print screen, it didn't capture the video, but did capture the statistics.
Yep, I agree with you. I'm not sure why, but the Windows summary is incorrect. I checked it on my Pinnacle video editor and it's also incorrect there. Here's how I proved it. I shot a 10 second video today on the 920. Windows said the video bit rate was 233kbps. However, when I ran the XVID calculation for a 640 x 480 at 30 fps it should have had a video bit rate of ~1.3Mbps which far from 233kbps. Further, I took an old MPGE-2 video clip I had and clipped it to 10 seconds. I then encoded it using XVID at a 6Mbps video bit rate. I check the summary of that clip. Windows shows the 4.8MB file having a video bit rate of only 862kbps. I'm certain that is not correct because I watched the encode process and verified the video bit rate.

BTW, I generated a variety of XVID videos in an attempt to get the 920 to play one of them. I tested three profiles. On the first one the 920 would show the first frame but wouldn't play it, the second one didn't show up but the video clip count included it, the third crashed the camera! Oooops. No kidding, when I would go to the movies folder the camera shuts off!
Old Apr 9, 2006, 1:39 AM   #185

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
here is an ebay auction if all missed out its real cheap super cheap do not let it slide

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digilife-DDV-C33...ayphotohosting
Darn:evil:

Didn't get a bid in.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:02 AM   #186

lmsabo said:
Quote:
BTW, I generated a variety of XVID videos in an attempt to get the 920 to play one of them. I tested three profiles. On the first one the 920 would show the first frame but wouldn't play it, the second one didn't show up but the video clip count included it, the third crashed the camera! Oooops. No kidding, when I would go to the movies folder the camera shuts off!
I got the same errors as you, i've tried a few and they either don't show up in the count, crash the camera, or show up all pixelated. =(

this ONE thing is really starting to bug me. I hope we're able to find a solution soon. =(.

Great to hear that the camera really does have a bitrate close to the specs. I kind of figured it was a windows thing from the start but didn't have enough info to make that assumption known.

The moment ANYONE is able to rencode a veiwable .avi file please post in here.

aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:04 AM   #187

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
here is an ebay auction if all missed out its real cheap super cheap do not let it slide

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digilife-DDV-C33...ayphotohosting
was that a serious auction?!?! Holy I'd slap any seller who'd try to rip me off that bad. Thing's not worth NEAR that much at all!
Old Apr 9, 2006, 6:02 AM   #188

a old saying and it holds true to anythingyou Purchase.

"A SUCKER IS BORN EVERY MINUTE"

Old Apr 9, 2006, 2:14 PM   #189

Hello everyone,

This post it just to verify again that the bit rate for the 920 is in fact around 1.8kb/s.

I used a very handy codec stats program called "afreecodecvt." here's the reults for a quick clip i recorded:

-------afreeCodecVT Video Report-------:

Streams (Header) : 2
Streams Found : 2
Length (s) : 5
Total Frames : 142
Resolution (Header) : 640 x 480
Flags : Has Index, Is Interleaved, Trust CK Type

Video Size (kB) : 1,132.10
Audio Size (kB) : 39.06

------- Video Stream -------

Codec : XviD MPEG-4
Flags : None Set
Quality : 0
bps : 1,854,835

FOURCC : XVID
Resolution : 640 x 480
FPS : 30
BPP : 24

------- Audio Stream -------

Codec : Microsoft MPEG-1 layer 1, 2
Flags : None Set
Quality : 0
bps : 64,000

Codec Code : 80
Channels : 2
SamplePerSec : 44,100

Old Apr 10, 2006, 4:21 PM   #190

Good stuff! This may be helpful in figuring out the codec settings for encoding videos the 920 will play.