Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 10, 2006, 4:11 PM   #11

I told my father in law to not use the zoom on a regular basis, since it is a digital zoom. It works up to 8x. I also told him to keep image stabilization off if he is panning. He uses the ddv-1000 to record his sons basketball games, so there is lots of panning. The video we took so far looks great. Yes there are three quality settings on the camera... but I have no idea why anyone would want anything but highest quality setting... unless they just want to make a quick and low quality video to email to someone.
Bob C
bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 4:23 PM   #12

Thanks Bobby, the reason I asked on the quality was because I want the highest quality. I found a camcorder that looked very similar but was $60+ cheaper. However it did not mention 1.8 and 1 mbs high quality recording and also stated it was a 8.5m lense (http://www.aria.co.uk/productsList.a...;Submit=submit - CAM-ARIA-DV3625P). Im guessing it is definatly not the DDV-1000 but as you say other sites state different specs so I dont want to pay $60+ if I don't have to...

:-)
Nessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 4:29 PM   #13

AsI started outt , the cameras were 300 plus and I could not afford a sd card over 64 meg or 128at the time that would have been 400.00 after taxes. I used the lowest quality, to get the longest video on my trip, I am sorry I did that later on, but never upset because I have my memories in video.

Some members may be in that situation at the moment.

I use the lowest quality to make animated gifs if needed. I use my mustek dv3000 which the file size is realy small.

let alone the pics can be taken thousands for my mpvr 7000 plus at the lowest setting if going to use for internet or wastedshots, I rather use a professional camera for stills and the highest for video

As for digital zoom software that comes with the hybrid or some like win movie maker you can zoom in on the movie rather blurring the shot wih the camera. and panning best bet to catch the action would be at the corner less movement

not saying its professioan but asI did my 30 minute show on a cruise I made sure I sat in a corner caught all the action.

that said it is a great investment no matter what brand you get, years of fun...........
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 4:53 PM   #14

Well all I know is that I might save up some more money and get myself a DDV-1000. I don't think my wife likes letting me use her VPC-C6, since I am usually gone at wrk during the day. And my father in law probably won't like me borrowing his DDV-1000 all the time!
Bob C
bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 5:04 PM   #15

Welcome to the family I own 6 and hoping to make 7 when digilife starts pumping the 520
Old Jan 10, 2006, 5:20 PM   #16

I am anxious to seesome sample videos / still shots from the digilife DV-1000 or the Ispan 920 (which from what I gather are the same cameras). Like most people, I am curious to see the low light performance and still image quality. With a CCD censor, I hope close up shots are better....does your DV-1000 have a real macro mode? (can you take clear pictures from inches or less away.) Man that would be nice.If a decent optical zoom hybrid for under$300 doesn't come outREAL SOON I will probably end up with one of the above cameras. Has anyone reveived a 920 from ebay yet?Are they the same?

Thank you all for making this the best English hybrid forum on the internet. I will definitelycontribute things once I get a hybrid.Maybe not as enthusiastic as 3face oras extensive as fishy, but something none the less.

Oh, and on a side note: madd props to Fishy, he's the man.
mld03c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 6:00 PM   #17

:|thank you MLD.........

Welcome in to the additive site of all time (lol)

as We know pc hybrids are becomin veryvery popular,, members are not up to par in posting simple sample vids yet, they may only have dial up access at home and cannot access their work pcs for uploading like to work rather get in trouble playing (lol)

did you look in the vid sample upload center?

machro states 2plus feet is the closest and that my newest member bites.

I do not think the hybrid can get within a few inchs toa item that needs viewing and I think I might just for the hell of it go into the lighted area and post an Eyeball shot andse if a major brand can capture clearity as with my aiptek. Lol

Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:17 PM   #18

Ordered.....ddv-1000 and it may arrive tomorrow...

Will post review when I get it........:-)
Old Jan 11, 2006, 3:49 PM   #19

Thank you Nessy.

I double checked the upload center and as of yet there are no Ispan 920 or Digilife DV- 1000 samples....unless I somehow missed them.

Does anyone havea link to anything related to the up and coming Dv-520? Did someone from the company tell someone on this site about it?

Thanks again. I will do some serious digging.
mld03c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 4:01 PM   #20

2nd post in this thread has a link to my website that has a jpg and mpg of the ddv-1000....they look good to me, but I did not shoot them. I will put more when I get the camcorder.....