Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:53 PM   #191

Those settings may be the solution to getting movies created on the computer, from the camera's output, to playback in the camera. Which I have so far been unable to do 100% successfully, despite lots of suggestions here.

I've gotten to the point where they will play ok except for scattered random pixel boxes on the output. Unfortunately that's not good enough. I'm hoping the 920 and its software will finally resolve this problem.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:56 PM   #192

Hey guys,

just another tip that may help us find a solution. I tried to encode using divx codec rather than an xvid and i had mor success getting it to play, however the quality sucked and the sound was way out of sync. It seems it will play/attempt to play ANY mp4 format codec. Perhaps this will allow for more options.
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:34 PM   #193

Congratulations again, aijuswannasing:!::|:|
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:49 AM   #194

you know something I did not think of trying my Arc Software. but with the headaches i think I'll pass, if you need to try it on your camera I'll make avid and you can try to download it from yahoo. and place in the920? to me i again not worth the trouble when my MPVr does it with 3 steps.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 9:37 AM   #195

Hi! guys gals! i'm new here. i also won a 920 Apr 11, 2006! paid for it yesterday! now waiting for it.. you guys helped me alot in deciding in purchasing this item! thanks. thought of joining this forum cause it seems to be very informative on the Cam and to resolve problems once i get it my hands.. as well as to help you guys!

correction was needed in gramer
ruwan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:35 AM   #196

welcome to the forum ruwan. It's always great to have more ppl here.

ok.. bad news guys...

as you can see, Hacer has congradulated me on my new camera win.. yes - i bougtht another one, and why? CUZ MINE GOT JACKED!!!! DAMNIT! lol

I kept it in a small camera case that i kept in my backpack, and a few days ago it was gone! my phone number and everything was in it so even if it's actually lost - i consider it stolen cuz whoever has it could've called me. lol

person got away with almost everything he/she needs too. I kept the data cable, remote, and the 1gb kingston sd card in there. I was so crushed. =(

from now on i'm keeping this cam in my pocket. = (

Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:55 AM   #197

camera jacked

As Moderator of the SIte I am sorry to hear that. On a personal Note. let's get together ,and find this person cannot be hard. not many people have Ispans or know bout this site? I hope that. they do post your picture up, this way the Ip address will get traced, and take steps from there

hope that made you feal a lil better? I have no pull for Ip addy's sorry.

1 is it worth filing a police report? 250.00?

2 I bet if you talk to your provider of payment source and as well as provider of the seller, you may recieve losses and a discount

ammex is good for tht if you have that garantee, but online purchases are hard to recieve that treatment

I thought paypal was good . i did get my Money back and awaiting my statement. while i have the item in hand. due to false advertisement. not tryingto scam but what is right when you follow rules .

All the Luck with you on your next one. a carrying case to your side would do

I lost a palm pilot due to sitting on my lap I got out of the car , so did the Palm pilot?

lol noticed it gone when I got home Lol a lil more expensive then the camera

:sad:happy Holidays AIJ............................

Old Apr 16, 2006, 1:17 PM   #198

I need to get the AV in/out cable replaced on my new iSPAN 920. When connecting it to a TV the video signal would periodically disappear. I would wiggle the connector at the camera connector and it would reappear only to disappear shortly thereafter. I mocked up a new cable using my old SupraCam cable. It's mono and has one of the ultra small connectors at the camera. I used an adapter to convert it to the larger size the iSPAN 920 uses. This worked. So the problem is the cable and not the interface in the camera.

Anyone else experienced this problem? Also, does anyone know of a better AV cable on the market which will work?

I tried an AV cable which came with my Panasonic GS250 but the video at the top of screen goes wavy for some reason, when used with the iSPAN 920. This cable doesn't have one of the "barrels" on it. Is that some sort of noise reducer or something? However, the video colors the TV are much more vibrant using this cable, but its not usable due to the wavy video at the top.
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 1:22 PM   #199

Usa, 99 cent shops sell these cables but have defects , not to the naked eye.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Archer stores carry these cables. haven't heard that name for a long time , right?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"that's radio shack. but may pay top dollar. you may rig your own up, and not use a noise supressor. that is the barel a hunk of metal. or magnet. I did that for certin items.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 2:15 PM   #200

Thanks for the support Fishy, =)