Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 21, 2006, 2:20 PM   #211

aijuswannasing, good points. I would however take exception to

Quote:
- no more li-on, go AA recharge or even both.
They use a great battery and it certainly makes the unit smaller and light. Key benefits you also point out.

Quote:
- intergrated mini hard drive. (drooling)
Give me SD/MMC flash over HDD in these units any day. HDD in CE is a bad idea and that is why Apple can't move into flash fast enough. HDD in CE has like a 10% failure rate. Plus flash pricing is falling 2x per year.
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 6:00 AM   #212

Yes, you're right about the HDD, they're not always that reliable and if they break down, the person's pretty much screwed since the hybrid was probably obtained online.

The only gain on an HDD is the size. My alternatives tha I hope to see (or perhaps one day develop) would either be larger capacity flah drives (at low cost) OR* the ability to hook up an external usb hdd or hard drive and instantly transfer or record files from the camera to the device. This way, say on a trip, you could keep a ext. hard drive "bank" to store your data in without the use of a computer. Or when recording television shows, have the hdd plugged in for longer recordings.

=) how i wish.

aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 6:21 AM   #213

would that be called media storage s they ran at 400 , now down to 100 or more depending on the internal hd they have takes XX gig forstorage

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 9:58 AM   #214

alrightI hear members asking how can I convert while they have so much trouble, if the software bundle of the 920 came with hmmmmUlead photo Explorer 8 have you looked inside.

there is a converter , may or may not be what you want but it sure allows a good number of ideas to work out.

Imagine the possabilities you can do. I just fooled aroundwith it. and well let me tell you. I stretched my video from its regular format to 1600x1600 and I know I can fill in the vidpefectly ifI wanted to take the time out wide screen or 16:1 ratio can be used now. some of us just need to look what software is given to us.

maybe playing aroundwith this you can convert your family guy over with ease. rather playing with the ffwf converter. sorry if I got the sftwr name scrabled.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 10:55 AM   #215

Ispan 920'ssmallest still photo is 1600x1200. All I want is the best quality 640x480 or 800x600 so that I can display an entire photo on my computer screen. What's the best way to do that?:sad:
flin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 12:58 AM   #216

Welcome to the forum, flin2,

Photo editing software typically has a mode to "resize" the stills. I use Xnview software, and it has such an option. I typically use 600x480 to post stills to web sites.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 6:51 AM   #217

just about any software will crop, and resize the photos and there are fre sites to pload to the net i wanted to imageshack.us isa great start

welcome aboard
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:34 AM   #218

Thanks. I'll try them.

My Ispan 920 seems unable to record TV.

When I plug the cable into the bottom round AV hole (and switch to Channel 3 or 4 on my TV), I can show my stills and videos on my TV screen.

But when I put it in the top (TV-IN) hole, nothing shows up on my camera screen--although the TV shows are supposed to be echoed to the camera screen where it can be recorded by pressing the Camcorder button. I suspect the camera's connecting hole is faulty and thus not catching the connection to the TV.

Any ideas?

Old Apr 24, 2006, 11:04 AM   #219

no you need to ask the camera if its stereo or other and then it'll play you need to fool around with it, just hard the first time

Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:17 PM   #220

I've fiddled with it for a long time but can't solve the problem. After I choose Stereo or Mono, the camera screen shows the camcorder icon, meaning it's ready to record. But otherwise what's on theTV is not piped to the camera. If I press record, I'll record only blank.