Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:40 PM   #221

here is the cd copy of the manual, follow the guide lines if this does not get you going then you got an over looked problem

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

1A3 viewing movies on the pc, is really self explainitory plug camera in, file opens click on file sub file and click on pic or clip,mp3 or wav if codecs are not loaded or updated, you need to do so.

1A4 Recording av input sources In 1A2 tv headphone pic will display when stero jack is plugged in, choose stereo on top or mono below, (pics below) camera will go into a live movie hit record (camcorder) when ready all movieswill be in mpeg4 divx codes. you have again thechoice of the three star system to record your movie

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 5:45 PM   #222

I get a blank screen, instead of the picture shown on the right. Oh, well, maybe it's my 10-year old TV. Thanks anyway.
flin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 5:54 PM   #223

At least on all three of my TVs, the RCA jacks on the front of the TVs are AV In only. Are you saying the jacks on your set can be configured as AV In/Out? Because if its not AV out on the TV, you're not going to get a signal.
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2006, 6:07 PM   #224

Flin2. sorry i did not think great detail was needed.

I appologise forhat as Imsabo reminded me again lol

1. Best all time way to hook up a hybrid is to a dvd player they have outputs once you get it working there its all down hill.

2. best place to hook up to record of a tube is notthe tv set but a vcr, locate the black on black lettering (don' you just hate that) and turn on the vcr it will be all set to go. if you already use those ports then a Y adapator can be used.

that is my last resort. hope you get it working b/ca blank screen means just that. you are not in the correct rca in/output as Imsambo stole the credits. i

Its all in here so many repeated threads sorry I cannot just search and point for you.

as the camera is New to the USa it is going to posted in a few sections how do I get the camera working as a recorder, so possably in here you'll re read some posts.

lmsabo wrote:
Quote:
At least on all three of my TVs, the RCA jacks on the front of the TVs are AV In only. Are you saying the jacks on your set can be configured as AV In/Out? Because if its not AV out on the TV, you're not going to get a signal.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:38 PM   #225

flin2 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks. I'll try them.

My Ispan 920 seems unable to record TV.

When I plug the cable into the bottom round AV hole (and switch to Channel 3 or 4 on my TV), I can show my stills and videos on my TV screen.

But when I put it in the top (TV-IN) hole, nothing shows up on my camera screen--although the TV shows are supposed to be echoed to the camera screen where it can be recorded by pressing the Camcorder button. I suspect the camera's connecting hole is faulty and thus not catching the connection to the TV.

Any ideas?

Mine is doing the same thing. I don't think it's the cable or jack on mine, because I have a "spycam" remote lens unit, and it records fine from the spycam, using the same cable. I just haven't had time to investigate it farther. Sounds like we have a bad batch of 920's. (Mine also has a bad battery, and I'm having trouble using a 1Gb sd card.)

But here's a case where the cable was identified as the problem. Maybe it's a case of the cable being wired funny. All it takes is to color code the connectors wrong.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 3:46 AM   #226

So are we admitting th Queens Of Glitter getting a bad Lot out there to al of Us? I thinkso/ ig time .

were your camera securly closes like I mentioned ? no due ti her explaining I had to add stuff? :G
Old Apr 25, 2006, 10:31 AM   #227

I hesitate to say it's a "bad" lot. If it's bad, how come my stills and videos can be piped to the TV. All I have trouble is to pipe TV shows to my camera. I've tried on my two TV sets without any success. TV shows just don't appear on my camera screen.After trying so many angles, I'm about to scream and give up.
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:18 AM   #228

I GOT IT!!!

sabo is absolutely right. The TV must send out signals which the camera can receive. So you must plug the 3-prong end of the cable into the AV-OUT holes.

One TV of mine has red-white-yellow holes with no word telling what they are for. They are obviously IN holes allowing me to pipe the camera to the TV, but not the reverse. Trying to pipe the TV to the camera is what led to all the hair-pulling experience.

The other TV, a newer model, has both IN and OUT holes.Connecting the cablebetween the TV's OUT holes and the camera's AV-IN hole allows me to pipe a TV show to the camera. The recorded video is decent, assuming the TV reception is decent, and audio can be mono or stereo.

Conclusion: My Ispan 920 has no defect, not yet anyway.

Old Apr 25, 2006, 1:26 PM   #229

Hey guys,

hm for some reason i didn't get the email notice that ppl were posting in here.. if so i could've helped out sooner.

Yeah, the TV recording works just fine, almost great even. if you're constantly back behind your TV fiddling w/ cables like me, it should be intuitive that the signal goes OUT from the TV and IN to the camera. I think what Flin was orig. doing was that he kept the RCA cables in the A/V IN slot of the TV, which i'm glad to hear he fixed.

My TV has bothAV in and out, and by using a av switch i've connected my PS2, dvd, vcr, and laptop vga in to that single IN slot. The OUT then routes whatever signal from the AV channel out to the camera so I can record whatever I want to.

Again, this brings me back to wishing there was a scheduler. I'm so weak when it comes to procrastinating, and while i'm recording - i end up watching the show at the same time anyways! lmao/ juss joking.. well.. sometimes... =)

Ido not think these are a "bad batch" of 920s. granted, they're not perfect, but they're a generation or so, (or even a few firmware updates away) from getting there. Overall, i'm happy with the item. Sure, a bit dissapointed with some areas (cuz i'm a gadget freak) but in the end I got over that and its still my fav toy. heh.

Sg, sorry to hear you've had all those probs tho w/ the battery and sd card. but at least QoG wass helpful in replacing the batt right? can't remember.

aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 1:49 PM   #230

As i quote myself Black on black letering hard to see

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Flin2. sorry i did not think great detail was needed.

I appologise forhat as Imsabo reminded me again lol

1. Best all time way to hook up a hybrid is to a dvd player they have outputs once you get it working there its all down hill.

2. best place to hook up to record of a tube is notthe tv set but a vcr, locate the black on black lettering (don' you just hate that) and turn on the vcr it will be all set to go. if you already use those ports then a Y adapator can be used.

that is my last resort. hope you get it working b/ca blank screen means just that. you are not in the correct rca in/output as Imsambo stole the credits. i

Its all in here so many repeated threads sorry I cannot just search and point for you.

as the camera is New to the USa it is going to posted in a few sections how do I get the camera working as a recorder, so possably in here you'll re read some posts.

lmsabo wrote:
Quote: