Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 25, 2006, 5:54 PM   #231

ulead allows anumber of convertions did we try ths for the vid fixs we are having to get movies in the cameras

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:48 PM   #232

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
flin2 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks. I'll try them.

My Ispan 920 seems unable to record TV.

When I plug the cable into the bottom round AV hole (and switch to Channel 3 or 4 on my TV), I can show my stills and videos on my TV screen.

But when I put it in the top (TV-IN) hole, nothing shows up on my camera screen--although the TV shows are supposed to be echoed to the camera screen where it can be recorded by pressing the Camcorder button. I suspect the camera's connecting hole is faulty and thus not catching the connection to the TV.

Any ideas?

Mine is doing the same thing. I don't think it's the cable or jack on mine, because I have a "spycam" remote lens unit, and it records fine from the spycam, using the same cable. I just haven't had time to investigate it farther. Sounds like we have a bad batch of 920's. (Mine also has a bad battery, and I'm having trouble using a 1Gb sd card.)

But here's a case where the cable was identified as the problem. Maybe it's a case of the cable being wired funny. All it takes is to color code the connectors wrong.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92
Boy, do I feel dumb. I too was connecting the camera to the VCR's IN jacks. I've EVEN done it properly before, and still got it wrong this time. So that reduces the problems to the battery and the video edit/replay issues.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 11:48 PM   #233

The batch convert didn't work for me. Dragging a clip into the storyboard and then saving the avi file seems like a step in the right direction - but for me, I still have not done it sccessfully. I think it may be my computer however, as i've made many OS customizations to improve its performance. Next i'll try a convert on my laptop.
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 2:36 AM   #234

ever wonder why they embedd black on black?

ever think to takewhite out to highlight the embedded black on black, so not to make those mistakes?
Old Apr 26, 2006, 4:32 PM   #235

Well you know what happened to me at first? I couldn't get the damn thing to record, and I knew I was connected to AV out. I was hearing this buzzing noise through the camera. I thought, yep these cameras can't really record AV In. Then about a half hour later I remembered the AV cable I mocked up (cause the one that came with the camera broke) using my old SupaCam cable and an adapter now has the video on white and audio on yellow. Once I swapped the jacks it worked fine.

BTW, neither QoG nor iSPAN ever responded to my emails about replacing the AV cable. :-(

sgspirit wrote:

Quote:
Boy, do I feel dumb.* I too was connecting the camera to the VCR's IN jacks.* I've EVEN done it properly before, and still got it wrong this time.* So that reduces the problems to the battery and the video edit/replay issues.
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 5:08 PM   #236

she should if you purchased it and give her the serial number.

Ispan more like Ispam. they never e ver understand emails lol

you may obtain a cable if its a stereo jack and rca at a 99 cent store so do not wory bout it

if its a usb and rca then get a response back

now I have a Aiptek dv5300 and i had a reverse color scheme i called aiptek got a new cable, well i got the if i remember right a corrected one or the same. never woried about it Just as long as it worked

I love that camera why 5 or 6 record settings, wish all the cameras had that. for video Super small

It's in my avatar
Old Apr 27, 2006, 2:20 AM   #237

Yo guys!

I Cracked the video problem from PC to CAM. Just take any video file and use a ASF transcoder. This one worked great for me, but i'm sure there are better ones out there. http://www.chizon.com/downloads.htm

I'll be watching my simpsons and Fam. Guy on the way to school now. Wohoo!

FOLLOW UP:

after playing with it this morning, there are some minor sync issues once you get a while into the video, and there's no keyframe customization therefore no fast forwarding or rewing on playback. It'd be great if someone came up with a way to encode with a workable .avi file in virtualdub.

also, the loss in resolution's not bad. considering its such a small screen it's actually ideal to have a watchable, smaller file on the camera.
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 9:50 PM   #238

Wow... QoG sold an iSPAN 920 a moment ago for $108.50. That's under $130 all-in with S&H. That's fifty bucks less than what I paid!
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 11:36 PM   #239

Yeah, don't you hate that. Oh well, we can't sit around and bid for months on end waiting for the cheapest auction.

I previously posted that the battery that came with my DDV-920 from queenofglitter, was defective. Further use has indicated the problem was due to other issues, not the battery. Queenofglitter was working on getting a replacement, and I have notified them that it's not needed.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2006, 1:38 AM   #240

lmsabo wrote:
Quote:
Wow... QoG sold an iSPAN 920 a moment ago for $108.50. That's under $130 all-in with S&H. That's fifty bucks less than what I paid!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" 43 Q of G 920 Auctions

Average
$147.89

Median
$148.40

Low
$107.50

High
$212.50

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote