Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 29, 2006, 8:30 PM   #241

That's great Old HACer! I wonder what QoG is paying iSPAN for them? It has to be more ~$125 or so don't you think?
lmsabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:54 PM   #242

My guess is $100usd per camera. Just a guess, though.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 12:07 AM   #243

That'd be really awesome at that price. if i could get them that cheap i'd be selling them too. =).
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 2:54 AM   #244

not true you must purchase in lotts , pay import fees or custome fees, tax fee exemt forms, and cost

so the camera may be 100.00 total after all that

the 18.00 and up shiping covers his or her losses partially on the net so I believe take 75 percent ofthe tretail price and you got your figure

so what is msrp on it?:G
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 9:09 PM   #245

Tonight's QofG 920 went for $86.00 :?

No profit on this auction!
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2006, 11:40 PM   #246

The diminishing prices would suggest the market for hybrids in North America is being saturated. At least on the Internet/eBay.

That's too bad, because it means sellers will be less likely to offer them for sale. That bargain may not be so hot in the long run.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 2:38 AM   #247

there was another Person that has this camera Up on ebay he removed the auction and had the buy it now up 165 If I knew Qog had the auction ;aast night I would have bidded that. but I believe there are reasons for this model to either be good or bad.
Old May 5, 2006, 12:47 PM   #248

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
The diminishing prices would suggest the market for hybrids in North America is being saturated.* At least on the Internet/eBay.

That's too bad, because it means sellers will be less likely to offer them for sale.* That bargain may not be so hot in the long run.
It would appear they have captured the "low hanging fruit" demand created by word of mouth and forums such as this. DigiLife, iSPAN, et all need to create demand going forward. They need to build distribution channels and promote (advertise) the product better in North America. QoG selling on ebay isn't much of a disti channel! I seem to recall Radio Shack offering a hybrid at Christmas, for example. They could also try a bundling deal with the likes of Dell or Gateway. Buy a PC and it comes with a free hybrid! Maybe a hybrid private labeled by Dell or Gateway. Then the PC really costs you $150 more but there's more perceived value.
Old May 5, 2006, 1:00 PM   #249

Yes Isambo you are Quite right, I have made a review and did not place damper o even gave it high expectations. but to have

1. no warranty

2. no refunds on a purchase, only on D.O.A (dead on arrivals)

3.open items (missing parts , due to inspection)

and more.

I rather purchase a new camera that is sealed, and has a warranty card, and know I can return it.

I do not mind if a seller inspects the camera, and even turns it on and records a video on an external card to find no crases.

I would like to recommend they Place the internal video of the actual camera being tested with video clip. so they can see what the seller did so no defects were there at all. but you know something they do not have the time to do that. it's asking way to much

so we recieve defective, missing parts, and opened boxs claiming to be brand new, and told to be sold a story , only to be resold on ebay
Old May 7, 2006, 10:08 PM   #250

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
Tonight's QofG 920 went for $86.00 :?

No profit on this auction!
Yep and tonights went for $86.50. Old HACer you should have bid on it, or at least bid 87 bucks!! :-)