Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 8, 2006, 1:32 AM   #251

HI guys! i finally got my 920. seems alright except for the very dark pictures i get even in anaverage lighting condition. rather none of the pictures or movies come bright enough when i take indoor! anybody have any suggestion? i tried the night mode but is not that clear on movies! :sad:
ruwan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 6:03 AM   #252

congrads on your Pc camcorder the ispan ddv 920.

takng an indoorsho you must have plenty of light if you plan on filming inside , even in thebrightestdaylight outside an indoorshot to your eyes may look great but not to the cameras sensor.

to get the best shot

1. white walls all around a flood light behind the camera, but goto watch out for white wash.

2 even though the camera states no night mode yo may trick it and get even a graiier shot. i recommend you fool around with the Ev or Ep setings rasie or lower them that'll get you some more brightness. god luckand sorry you are dissappointed in the vid
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 11:08 AM   #253

I agree that sometimes it can be a little dark, but all pictures and vids are easy to fix as soon as you get them into the comp. Pictures are the easiest as u can just use the window's editor to autofix and they turn out great.

Depending on which video editor you're using, this should be relativley easy as well.
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 11:18 AM   #254

Aij..............its unny you say that I rarely ad brightness to my pic, I was under my car and well, yep i added some brightness in a software to a vid it helps. so

if youwant a camera to film do not forget itssoftware it helps the situations.
Old May 9, 2006, 10:27 PM   #255

Thanks fishycomics:-)andaijuswannasing:-)!! thats good news! yes i will try using the software to get the brightness! thats a good hint! will let you guys know the result of it!!

also by the way did you guys recieve a 'elastic net' kinda thing along with the camera packing? what is that for! looks like a shower cap to me! but since it is made out of net cant use for that also hehe :-)

Old May 9, 2006, 10:36 PM   #256

Hey guys i tried out your method :idea:what do you think? :G

this is theoriginal from the cam
Attached Images

Old May 9, 2006, 10:41 PM   #257

AND........... this if After the software Modification! is this great or what :|

i did it using the bunddled Adobe software

Thanks a million guys!Should try out ato enhance the videos as well!! any suggested application?
Attached Images

Old May 9, 2006, 10:56 PM   #258

This is something I do when it's important to record something, but it's too dark for video, and too far away for the flash to take a still. I'll take a still and brighten it later. Yes, it looks lousy, but it's far better than nothing.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 5:18 PM   #259

The picture was at roome tempeture or natural lighting, but needs improvement

the Pic has Noise levels in there, and if you have the Histogram you may or may not understand it, if you do then more the better.

the eye can see a perfect pic, but what the camera sees is totally different, as I am in my room I can snap that pic and see all the details, but I know the camera will not show thefull shot the way my eye sees it.

to have the software its far better then having none.
Old May 13, 2006, 12:04 AM   #260

thanks fishy..Hm... noise.. will experiment on that and see as well..

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"i'm having another problem. my battery level never reaces full, rather it indicates only half full when i fullt re-charge and it and comes to red 'batt low' level less than a minute! i charged the batt 10hrs at first charge also. even then it didnt reach full. any ideas why this happens? the charging indicator stopes blinking less that an hour too during charging indicationg the batt is full! :?