Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 13, 2006, 6:26 AM   #261

rewan7.

you got a defective battery?

We do not know , at least i do not know your Purchase place if I read it or not

a battery from Ispan will charge 2 hours in the camera at least if you are chargin by other means outside thecamera

1.check your ac outlet make sure the plug is in a firm socket, the usb mini the same?

if you purchased from the seller and they sent out the camera with the notification of, " we do not have the battery, and charger this time, we'll ship when recieved" most likely you do not have the orginal one. Some are complaining they recieved defects on battery, on the camera, on missing markings of a box etc. We may exagerate (spell check) on the product and others get caught in the glory.

Best thing to do is contact the seller report a deadbatter, and get a new one while they pay for the expense? if not decide if it's worth purchasing a new one from online at a few bucks shipped?

shipping from both sides will cost you and them?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 11:59 AM   #262

Queen of Glitter had problems with batteries from their supplier. Write and request a replacement.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 1:07 PM   #263

sounds like you may have a faulty battery. contact queenofglitter (I assume she was your seller)
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 3:56 PM   #264

As I mentioned above , not the sellers name due to 14 pages or , forgetting if QoG is the person.

thanks for the support OldHacer and AIJ................

Old May 14, 2006, 1:45 PM   #265

Sorry for not mentioning the supplier guys.. yea you are correct it was from QOG. ah then that might be the problem. let me contact her on a replacement and see! hopefully she will send me a goodone!:-)
ruwan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 10:31 PM   #266

was wondering :?if there are any issues with the DDV-1000 and hooking up to a MAC? just wondering since i just ordered one and am anticipating alot of use and hoping it will sync well so i can edit the footage i shoot... thanks...
Lbrtyyoutguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 1:59 AM   #267

At first when I got my DDV-920, it kept shutting down and I thought I had a bad battery. I turned out the problem really was bad mp3 tracks. But in the weeks since then, I've finally concluded there really is something wrong with it. It keeps looking like the battery goes dead fast, even with a fresh charge. I don't have the problem with my other batteries. I'm going to try inserting something to increase the pressure on the contacts.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 1:05 PM   #268

Hey Sg,

If you look on ebay for np-60s you can find them two for under $20 incl. shipping. The stock batteries don't seem to last that long anyways so why not just invest into a higher capacity battery? That is, if the contacts aren't the problem.

aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:05 PM   #269

Lbrtyyoutguy wrote:
Quote:
was wondering :?if there are any issues with the DDV-1000 and hooking up to a MAC? just wondering since i just ordered one and am anticipating alot of use and hoping it will sync well so i can edit the footage i shoot... thanks...
I have the DDV-920 (bascially the same camera I think) and I can't hook it up to my Mac.

This isn't really a problem though, just get a card reader for your Mac and pop the card in there. iPhoto will even detect the photos and import them (if you want) or you can just copy the photos and movies to your hard drive.. works great.

I'm having an issue with the videos on the Mac, there is no sound when I play them. I'm getting around this by using FFMpegX at http://homepage.mac.com/major4/to convert them so I can edit them in iMovie and such.. it's free and works great.

There is an issue in the Intel version with making H.264 videos.. but I think that should be fixed in next version. HTH
showson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 8:02 PM   #270

as boxs and reviews will say pcwindows. for98 win 200 etc there hardely any of these fitted for apple macs unle stated by company