Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 15, 2006, 5:05 AM   #61
NX3

Does anyone edit the video clips in VirtualDub ? It goes an error indicating it can't decode the audio stream as its not a recognise codec installed. It plays back fine but I have ffdshow directshow filters installed so it would.

The audio is mp2 (yes two), codec wave_mpeg 050 by Microsoft. I can't find it to install anywhere. I used VirtualDub_Mod and it copes ok, then again it copes with VBR mp3s so thought it would. I like virtualdub for simple edits so if anyone has a solution please let me know. TIA

MP2is "MPEG-1 layer 2", not "MPEG-2", to clarify. VirtualDub won't let you do a few things due to license issues but mod does. However a mp2 codec would still be handy.
NX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:04 PM   #62

Old HACer wrote:
Quote:
aijustwannasing, Congratulations on winning the Ispan DDV-920 :|

Old HACer, looks like you got yours. Queenofglitter seems to be releasing them one at a time, on a 24-hour sale interval, rather than offering a whole bunch at one time. I wonder if this is an attempt to get higher bids, or there's a limited supply.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:37 PM   #63

Yes, I bid with about 1 minute left. It was high enough so I could not be out bid by 1 or 2 small raises.

The one 920 per day will keep the bids up. Also, I don't imagine QofG stocks a lot of 920s.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:19 PM   #64

I'd like to get one for less than $160, but there are still a few people bidding who've been willing to go up to the$190 area, so I may have to wait until they all get theirs.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:56 PM   #65

Hmm, people seem to have been asleep at the switch, and my timing is much improved. Looking forward to getting my 920.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:56 PM   #66

WAY TO GO, SGSPIRIT !
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:04 AM   #67

Yes, that was well done, if I do say so myself.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 3:24 PM   #68

heheh,

Good job guys!

We should've combined shipping on orders to BC. lmao!

Have any of you guys heard anything from QeenofGlitter after you paid? I asked her to send me notification of shipment and the tracking number, but haven't heard a word in three days. I think i'll try again this afternoon. =)

He's got a good seller history so i'm sure its nothing.
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 4:37 PM   #69

You should have gotten a USPS tracking numberby now.

When they create the shipping label and pay postage online at USPS, they usuallyuse an option to have USPSsend an email with the tracking to the person receiving the package. Note that USPS tracking is not as detailed as UPS or FED-EX, so you may only see when the paperwork for the shipment was created, when it went out locally for delivery, and when it was delivered.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 8:14 PM   #70

Today's 920 has a few minutes to go, standing at 146.50. Will be interesting to see how many people are lurking around for last minute sniping.