Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/hybrid-still-movie-mp3-digicams-85/)
-   -   Digilife DDV-1000 ( ispan 920 ) (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/hybrid-still-movie-mp3-digicams/77054-digilife-ddv-1000-ispan-920-a.html)

Nessy Jan 7, 2006 6:38 AM

Has anyone had a chance to play with one of these yet? I'm interested in what you think and video/still quality. I have found someone selling them in the UK for £150....

Thanks

Chris

Nessy Jan 8, 2006 10:48 AM

If your interested I have managed to get hold of an example off the DDV-1000.

Looks good to me and I think it makes my mind up.

You can view it by looking here

www.chrisnesbit.com/ddv1000

Moderator : Please feel free to move this if you want it under an Upload section.

Thanks

fishycomics Jan 8, 2006 10:52 AM

Nesy its placed thank you.

bobbyc03 Jan 9, 2006 8:07 PM

Hi,
I just got my DDV-1000. I have it side by side next to my Vivitek Dragon (DDV-M1 clone). The low light recording is much better on the DDV-1000. Overall I am happy and will be returning the Vivitek Dragon. The menu's are the same on each unit, so we won't have to learn anything new.

After shipping and tax, the total for the DDV-1000 came out to $260. If you want the ultimate low light performer, get the sanyo C6. It is $460. So for $200 more, you get the ultimate low light performer, and it is even smaller form factor. Of course the sanyo only does video and stills... it won't act as a mp3 player, voice recorder, mass storage device, etc...

Bob C

Nessy Jan 10, 2006 3:49 AM

Thanks Bobby,

appreciate you letting me know. I think I'm going for this but just want to rule out this 'near clone' I've found as it is £40 ($60) cheaper.

Thanks,

Chris

bobbyc03 Jan 10, 2006 12:00 PM

Be careful. The specs for the Digilife DDV-1000 on various websites (even digilifeglobal.com ) seem to contradict eachother. The place I ordered mine from, and digilifeglobal.com , had specs on their website saying it interpolates to 10megapixels. The DDV-M1 interpolates to 11megapixels. When my DDV-1000 arrived, I noticed that the specs on the box (and the sticker on the unit) says that it interpolates to 11megapixels. I was scared I got a DDV-M1 with DDV-1000 badges. I was relieved to see that after I plugged it in, that it performs much better in low light.

I got this camera to replace the Vivitek Dragon that I got my father in law for christmas. I gave it to him last night, and even he can tell the difference in the low light. We recorded a bunch of family videos and pics last night in the soft lighting of his living room. You couldn't even see with the Vivitek Dragon.

I got my wife the Sanyo VPC-C6 for christmas. Except for the 5x optical zoom of the C6, I am starting to wish that I saved some money and got her the DDV-1000. The C6 has the optical zoom, and slightly better low light performance (but just about the same). The DDV-1000 has so many more hybrid features, and a 2.5" screen.

And one big benefit the DDV-1000 has over the aiptek mpvr is that it has stereo inputs/outputs (white and red rca jacks). The MPVR has only mono (white rca jack).
Bob C

fishycomics Jan 10, 2006 2:21 PM

BobbC I agree with you on the rca white /red jacks, and easily fixed with a Y adaptor. nothing states it has a stereo input/output. but if you place a mp3 with a good seperation in music for example led Zep. a whole lotta love (something like that) the gutiar solo or whailin it sounds stereeo to me (lol)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I preferre my Musteks with their vid/aud left right plugs. but can never complain.

Nessy Jan 10, 2006 2:29 PM

Thanks Bobby - sounds like a good purchase. Does it definatly do 1 and 1.8mps 640x480 30fps?

What is the optical zoom like?

Thanks

bobbyc03 Jan 10, 2006 2:38 PM

Hi,
I don't know what the bitrate is on the VGA video mode.

It does not have optical zoom, the Sanyo VPC-c6 does.
Bob C

Nessy Jan 10, 2006 3:27 PM

whoops - I meant digital zoom!! :roll:

On the menus does it give different quality settings? I think there should be 3? HQ VGA H VGA and QVGA?

Thanks

Chris...