Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:55 AM   #1

Hi there,
This is it my first time buy a Digital Cameras, i am interesting in the Creative DiviCam 428 . I know it can take Video at 30fps, but how about still camera picture's quanlity?
Can anyone give me an sample picture or anything similar ? how is it compare to my friend's Digital Camera Pentax Optio230 2.0 Megapixel?

Thank you!
vincent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:50 AM   #2

have you gone to page 2 and looked into the my opinions thread, there is a memver there he or she may be emailed or pm;d but no pic yet. excellent question

AND welcome aboard
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:43 AM   #3

i've already looked at it. The video is ok . but there are not sample pictures takens from the Divicam 428. Can anyone post up please?
just ,one more thing, should i go with the Sanzo C6 for Quanlity Still Camera Picture and Video?

Thank

vincent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 9:26 AM   #4

Vin....We are not going to tel you which camera to purchase, it is your decision?

1 remember the hybrid cameras are pc camcorders; they take a nice stills in an outdoor situated scenery.

2. video will be the same they take a nice vid in an outdoor situation as well

3 they are not home movie or brand named stills.

even if it had a sanyo/fisher name stamped behind it or a sony chip etc. the low light situation is a major problem on the pc hybrids.

you are better off looking at a hybrid that does not run in the 500.00 usc range but testing out a 100-200usc range and see if they meet your needs.

within a few weeks we will be seeing an optical zoom hit the markets but till then be paitient and wait for a member to fill your needs
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:03 AM   #5

Hi there I just received the Creative Divicam 428 and have been playing around for last two days a little as I don't have the SD card yet. You were curious about picture quality and I'll try and post one or two here. As another member has mentioned you have to remain very still when you take the picture as it easily comes out a bit blurry. I am a bit disappointed but am trying to talk to other owners about the issue. If you're careful the pictures that come out are great but it is a knack to hold that still. The video is great for the size of the unit though and I am happy with that.

Good luck
Cory

choard71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:59 AM   #6

Cory thank you .

Let me ask you ona personal note:

the teddy is he or she pure white? because if you notice the ribbon is blushing or blending the word I am looking for is Bleeding correct me. please

over the tumy area..

The baby rest area, is of plastic and white which shows pure.

possablr you can also upload a natural colour scheme with some rgb true colors thank you.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:01 PM   #7

Try taking that same picture with a steady hand/tripod and in Machro mode. It will probably turn out MUCH better....probably...unless that camera has auto focus....or is just overallgarbage :O By the way, shoulda gone with the MPVR (read my ginourmous thread..few pics there too). I would have, in fact, I DID :G

3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 2:00 PM   #8

I thought every still image camera needs to be held steady when taking pictures?

Maybe it's due to the 428's lack of Image Stabilization feature.
jakediggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 2:10 PM   #9

With the hybrids, you have to be EXTRA steady. Like not even a millimeter of movement. Like even the slightest tremor causes a blur (but not significant). So just practice keeping your arm perfectly steady and you will get good shots. Actually just pretend you are a robot :blah: that might help too:G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 3:21 PM   #10

taking a digital shot on a cmos sensor or ccd with a fixed lens;

1 tell subjects first do not move till i say clear............

2. tell subject say cheese and press shutter button

you hear , and only hear the shutter go snap

3 do not move camera for a good 3 seconds after snap.

4. tell subject all clear.

you hear the snap but the camera is electronic, the snap is heard but the shutter is still working 3 seconds extra should be added for a perfect shot.

additional focus or perfect shot are a use ofa tripod so nothing moves.

do a test shot take a snap move it as soon as you hear snap you will notice a blurr. same thing after the snap till youfind the 3 second margin