Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:04 AM   #1

I plan on buying a hybrid shortly. Ive read all the reviews that you people have been kind enough to post. My question is - Is the Creative DiVi 428 worth the extra $60-$80 over the Aiptek mpvr or Mustek dv 9300. These are the 3 units I am considering buying. From what I gather the Creative produces much better quality video especially in low light. Thanks
ishiharz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:23 AM   #2

NO DVR (No AV-IN) = no buy for me. Go with the MPVR (6800). Pic quality isn't too great according to one member and the screen is half an inch smaller than the MPVR. It's got a 4MP CCD lens while the MPVR has a 3MP CMOS lens. It's basically an MPVR with slightly higher MP (better lens?), auto focus, NO DVR and aSMALLER SCREEN.

ALSO, MPVR is EXCELLENT in low light. Turn on night mode and even the smallest light is amplified at least 100%. GREAT hybrid. Read my thread for SOOOOO Much more (useless?:-)) information on the MPVR :G. Oh and not sure on the Mustek 9300. As you can see I am quite satisfied with my MPVR (even though it's SSTIILLLLL being exchanged:O)
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:31 AM   #3

Here are two vids andsome more may be found in the vid sample uploads. Please view and if other member can bring their Vid orstills to the table. the choice will be up to you to decide.

Creative labs

night shot http://cislab2.cbpa.louisville.edu/flbui002/night.avi

day shot http://cislab2.cbpa.louisville.edu/flbui002/last.avi

MPVR

http://www.youtube.com/?v=U_u23wYs5Jwlow light situations

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:58 AM   #4

3FaCE wrote:
Quote:
NO DVR (No AV-IN) = no buy for me. Go with the MPVR (6800). Pic quality isn't too great according to one member and the screen is half an inch smaller than the MPVR. It's got a 4MP CCD lens while the MPVR has a 3MP CMOS lens. It's basically an MPVR with slightly higher MP (better lens?), auto focus, NO DVR and aSMALLER SCREEN.

ALSO, MPVR is EXCELLENT in low light. Turn on night mode and even the smallest light is amplified at least 100%. GREAT hybrid. Read my thread for SOOOOO Much more (useless?:-)) information on the MPVR :G. Oh and not sure on the Mustek 9300. As you can see I am quite satisfied with my MPVR (even though it's SSTIILLLLL being exchanged:O)
Thanks for the info. Do you mean that the Creative has auto focus and the Mpvr does not? I saw that my local Target them for $149 each. That must be a good price do you agree?
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:00 PM   #5

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Here are two vids andsome more may be found in the vid sample uploads. Please view and if other member can bring their Vid orstills to the table. the choice will be up to you to decide.

Creative labs

night shot http://cislab2.cbpa.louisville.edu/flbui002/night.avi

day shot http://cislab2.cbpa.louisville.edu/flbui002/last.avi

MPVR

http://www.youtube.com/?v=U_u23wYs5Jwlow light situations

I tried to view videos with the defrault Real player and they would not play, should I try and use the windows media player?
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:06 PM   #6

by the time i answer that you should have tried thatfirst. lol yes please do they played for me

1. is a vid while driving around the town and a police officer is there with lights on

theaiptek is of indoor light situations a hall way lit up nice, a large room under lights and an eleivater etc.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:24 PM   #7

yes creative has auto focus. But the MPVR changes focus from normal to close up (Machro) with a switch. Not a big deal. $149 IS a good deal...BUT on shopathometv.com you can get a better one. $159 with bonus REMOTE and Photo Paper. Excellent processing and shipping there too. :G
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:48 PM   #8

3face I'm starting to believe you work at Aiptek.

Either that or I'm sure they would love to have you in their sales department, :-)
jakediggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 12:57 PM   #9

heh I wish. Maybe I should send them to this site, or put some of my quotes from this forum in my resume :G ....and they would probably just laugh in my face lol:-)

OR, maybe a little blackmail....like gimme money or I won't post good stuff about the best hybrid there is, MPVR (until the next Aiptek product of course, Aiptek is also one of the best hybrid camera brands unless you are a rich mother....with too much money to spend and even then buy the Aiptek brand, only the Aiptek brand, Aiptek brand is reliable, it can help you in your time of need, it will take care of your hard earned money, Aiptek will heal the blind, feed the sick and ...eat children, they EAT CHILDREND GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL *THWACK*....Aipteka aiss theeea bbsesttses t caemrmrma brandnndd buyayydyy ittit:G:-)

But seriously, there is no camera at the moment that offers better quality and features for the price. It simply can't be beat. Well actually it CAN, if you go up to the 8800, which isn't TOO much better (better MP3, higher MP and...think that's it). Find a better camera with the same or BETTER features for around the same price and I'll buy it. Right now. No kidding.....:blahk no i won't because the MPVR is the BEST, and you won't find a hybrid that can beat it in it's price range. :G Also, the MPVR is just plain SEXY. Can't say that about too many cameras....:|