Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:04 PM   #1

Hello Everyone,

I too am new:bye:. I do enjoy reading your posts and getting helpful info. I purchased and received the Aiptek MPVR last week and I'm quite impressed for such a small device with its capabilities. I have owned two others digital cameras and now present a Sony 5mpix.

I did have a couple of issues with the little enjoyable toy; one being the issue of it freezing during video with an external card and the webcam as advertise issue.

I called HomeShop today and was informed it is definantley a webcam (without issued software) and I would need to call Aiptek on that.

And as for as the freezing on video all I got was maybe the battery power is almost gone, so I said I would test and see, have not done that yet.

After phoning Aiptek was informed the MPRV was not meant to be a webcam, but by some special treat some of the cameras are in fact webcameras. Inform just go to AOL or MSN etc., whatever chat, video conversation application and XP would automatic find the camera and it did somewhat after a little prying and manipulation.

But if anyone have any other ideals about the "Freezing" in Video I would certainly appreciate. Thank You.
RAINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:31 AM   #2

1 most freezing is done .due to mmc cards either sd or mmc there are some camera hybrids forexample the hanshing did like 256k sandisk but when you antied up to a 512 it frooze big time you needed to pull the batteries out and rest.

now maybe it is possable you have a defective sd card, and / or hybrid?

msn/yahoo/etc will work and xp will recognize but homeshopping networ never ever showed that they showed the older version software being used and minipulated on national tv.so who wer they kidding

not jealous b/c I own a mpvr w/o thefeature I can also show you the camera functioningas a webcam w/o going on air lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:35 PM   #3

Aiptek is misinformed LOL! :G

If it wasn't MEANT to be a webcam, why is there a menu when plugged into the USB port that allows you to select CAMERA and STORAGE?!

Oh and the DV4500 worked as a webcam, and it came with some webcam software. When I plugged my MPVR in, selected camera after hitting the menu button and started the 4500 (yes that's it's title, 4500) Webcam software, I get a picat 30FPS (compared to 11 or so from the 4500). It's GREAT as a webcam IMO and seems to be compatible with a wide variety of software. :G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 1:14 PM   #4

3face did you read the person is having a freezing problem with the camera? I caught that at 3:30 am this mourning no tea yet lol
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:21 PM   #5

no lol, I'm partially illiterate.:blah::G

but the freezing problem, yea that's easily fixed by opening the battery cover and removing the battery. But if it's happening more than, say once a week, you have a problem with your camera, or your just not doing something the right way (whatever that means :?)
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:35 PM   #6

3Face . this is called a crash. due to a ceertain camera not liking a read/write card. I have not seen what a mmc card looks like it may be the same as a sd card i wonder if it is like a windows vs. mac operating systems?

1 a mmc will crash a hybrid and a good example is the hanshing 305 series. owning a number of hybrids you learn real fast , what is good and what is bad.

Sd cards that work for me are

the panasonic 128kb. data, 256kbsandisk.512,1 gig anyone else who are using a sd card that I did not mention please post up.

a crash may be because

1 the mmc is not liked

2. a curuption on the mmc or sd card causing the card to fail

3. overloading the camera with constant flash, and closeing the lcd while the camera is in record mode,

Right 3face? you had that problem if I recall your 1,000,000,000 post (lol)

I have helped a member in here who asked a simular question, and it will be found after page 1 more towards the rear of the threads. He had trouble with his sd card, and could not understand why it crashed.

I had snapped over 1000 shots and more and I have forced the camera to shut down and overheat. this had told me there is a heat sink and the camera needs time to cool down between shots. and i had worked the camera pass its limits. and Yep still ticking without a complaint.

So make sure your battery is not over heated, you are using a sd card over a mmc, and you are filming with an open lcd.

for a etter response Aiptek keeps records and that is why we need to register the cameras online and see why others may have simular problems
Old Jan 10, 2006, 5:21 PM   #7

I'm HOPING the DVR recording I did with the LCD shut was not the cause. I HOPE I just had a defective LCD screen or something. It wouldn't make sense, that closing the LCD screen while recording would ruin the LCD. Not to me anyways. Someone try it....just so I can be sure :blah::G

Actually, now that I think about it, AFTER the LCD died, I recorded more via the AV IN cable into my satellite reciever and when I unplugged the AV IN and turned on the MPVR the screen came on...although it quickly died after about 10 seconds. So hmmmmm....maybe that WAS the cause. Wish I knew HOW it happened.:O

OH and I have a 60x A-DATA 1GB SD card and it has worked flawlessly so far (had some corruptionissues with the 4500 but that's because the max card it can handle is 512MB). I only had one instance where I had to open the battery cover and remove it which was actually AFTER the LCD died....so :roll::?:-)
Old Jan 10, 2006, 6:06 PM   #8

"I recorded more via the AV IN cable into my satellite "

How is that possable 3face, you played your mpvr ino your satalite? that is why you got no lcd, and returned a good hybrid

I say I need Tea. and you and I think alike delexia (lol)
Old Jan 10, 2006, 6:13 PM   #9

LOL yea today REAAALLY isn't a good day for typing....for me anyways. But to clarify, I plugged one end of the AV-IN cable into the MPVR and the other end (with the yellow for video and white for audio) into the satellite reciever. It recorded fine and I had the LCD closed once again (i think...can't remember lol been SOOOOOOO long).