Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 10, 2006, 5:12 PM   #1

Hello,

How long does it take to download from sd card a 30 mn video on a fast computer ?

and how can i record the video on a dvd ?

Thanks.
armorbreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2006, 6:02 PM   #2

1. 30 minute vid can be an estimate of 512 mb or 200 plus mb, tht can be transfered by a card reader faster, or usb by camera a tad slower

256 mb plus of video footage says 2 minutes to upload to a file taken 1 minute 6 secs to delete the second I clicked on the folder that is fast. the pc is 2 plus giga hertz with 2 meg or more memory.

2 you must have software, win dvd creator is what i use , I also have record now, and nero

I use dvd creator I can capture , ewdit add a title even a opening scene with music and record on a 60 minute dvdr 2 plus mor hours of clear video

If you have a dvd burner you have a dvd software? if you do not you must burn cdr and make a vcd? if you need steps on how to

PAYPAL MY ACOUNT (LOL) i'LL TRY TO DO A HOW TO IF YOU HAVE THE VIDEO LISTED OF WHAT YOU HAVE?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 6:23 PM   #3

It depends MOSTLY on the speed of your SD card. If the speed isn't labeled on the card, it probably isn't very fast, and will load/unload files slower than one with, say 60x. Oh and just so you know, 1x Flash card is ~150kbps. So if you have a 1 MB file, it would take ~7 seconds to load onto the card or unload onto your computer. These days you can get 30x, 60x even 150x SD cards that DRASTICALLY improve read and write speeds bothwhen shooting pics and video tothe card and for copying to and from the card from a PC. Anything above 20x should be fine for cameras. For video (hybrids), you really want 60x + or you the card may not be able to copy the video to itself as quick as your camera can feed it the video.

Not sure if that made much sense....:?:O

....yea...wait no...:?...YEA it DEFINATELY did!:G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote