Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:38 AM   #11

Well I DID find an Aiptek Car Adapter, but it's not for cameras.

I'm not sure how car adapters work exactly, but the connector that connects to the battery charger matches the end in this picture. Not sure if it would harm the battery or the charger to use it.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:18 AM   #12

I had to run similar tests for my pda with my cig charger. My pda is sensitive enough to fry if using the wrong cig lighter as in another forum we did countless tests. I might need to do some more research before i Venture into actually testing a cig lighter. I Currently own 3 cig lighter and it matches the one you have there. I am wondering what connection is used to charge the battery on the digilife DDV-1000
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 3:44 AM   #13

ever know why iam moderator???????????

I tell you why

1. I own the mustek dv5000 the center uper button click once it shows a tic tac toe again lcd off battery life increased 8%

2. always go past page 1. for info..........................

3. last page may be aiptek and mustek battery comparisons

I used at riple aaa test and came out with different results on the mustek dv4500, and a aa system for the aiptek 5300 longer

I even used a lithium battery as well increased time by 30 minutes over rechargables

I have 1800-3000mah no extra life (lol)

4. the Aiptek mpvr if you like to read a manual it states 90 minutes no more in power if you believe 3 hours then either its a sales pitch or a fluke. we may get 3 hours by not using the camera but I highly think so

and if you like, I'll do a test which I had on the mustek running 3 hours on a 2aa system in record off a 2 aa its possable over the Aiptek 1.5 hours. the mpvr I will place a vid on with a full battery sitting with a green light at a latter time.........

5. below is a car charger with various voltages by 1.5 vdc you may up to 6 volts by pixalating the screen, no harm to the camera at all

6 it is simple to make a extra battery capartment and your best bet is to just purchase add'l ones 5 ,so you will switch out if the charge is rated 3.5 hours timed.........

7. Aiptek.com last year or two stated on the home page " battery left in the aiptek 5300 and others will drain in 10 days time. OLDHACER< not disagreeing with you at all 3 plus months later the aiptek 5300 still working with 1 cell left standing. Mustek 3000, 3500 4500 the same still got juice. but rechargables left out or standing will lose capacity in a heartbeat. when they are recharged many times.good to keep trickled at times.

8. aiptek I believe we are talking about another camera. so the np-60 does not retain to the aiptek its off by 1/32-8 in size I have two sitting on the side. any local store carries the nk-8290 Nokia 8200-9000 series battery at 1200mah

I do not want to go on and on. if you want Bragging rights BACK UP WHAT YOU GOT.

I have watched people go into a expo and get suckered in big time, on the SUPA cam by nisis.com reps 5 hours of play and you can purchase an extra hour battery online, the camera will play right out of the box, well let me tell you. you want to sell an item better have back up. b/c I steered a few away and persueded them. its a fraude...........

you'll find this after page 1

alright I have finally made my mod battery car adapter, I will have to take a trip or find the correct 3volt at a 99 cent store they sell from 1v up to 13.5 and i got it down packed with instructions and a vid demo

fishycomics[/i]

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 4:25 PM   #14

As I was forced again to do a test,mustek 3500 filming the aiptek mpvr wit ha clock in the background

Vid will be placed up remember what you are about to see when completed is an actual test and you may not see the icons on the screen due to lighting conditions and camera conditon or angles. I amy repeat this test on the tv so you will see the battery go down in incremints, and have a clocks second hand as well.

the video will be sped up insuper speed so you'll see the 12:01-1:30 play in a few minutes, I will slow the vid down only if the camera Icon is visable you may want to sit down for this one.

1 battery of nokia was used. left for charge the full duration and sitting in the charger from 4am to 3 pm.

2 grabbed a set of 2 aa sitting on the side lines and placed in the mustek dv3500

3. grabbed a set of aa's to be placed in a clock, set time and ready for test

4. turned on mustek deleted files and recorded, turned on the aiptek and is set in the lowest quality and hit record

Test is running At 30 minutes in One lost cell on the aiptek, (mustek full)

45 minutes 2nd lost cell (mustek lost one cell at half)

1 I have a lamp on the camera with flourecent light due to low light and fog outside. My test is nearly complete I woill be editing the vid within an hour it is 4:30 pm and I may rpeeat the aiptek battery on the bigger screen at a latter date.

This is why you a member should do some tests of your own. if you like others to do them for you then you will believe in what we have to say? I am not going to mention names or pick on members but be creative find a way to record your results if you have a camera a second hybrid it helps if not a mirror will do thank you Mod fishy

a repeated test can be found pass page one :|

Old Jan 11, 2006, 4:55 PM   #15

Well my mustek batteries were not fully charged. thought they were (lol) got 50 minutes out of mustek and pushing 1 hr 20 min of mpvr. I will put this 1 minute 15 sec clip up and if it s not acceptable I'll wok on this over the weekend or at a brighter time.... stay tuned for the vid need to make it taken 3 minutes to load into the pc 5 minutes to save as a video, and 30 minutes to be alive on the net lol
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:15 PM   #16

the vid is uploading and if you look where the battery is at at 24 min mark you'll see some movement on the batt. and at 43 mark the same

As I type I am at 1 hr 30 minute1 bar left. very satasfied with the Aiptek and the owners manualstatement

yes a 1 gig card and got about a guessing 48x2 that almost 20 minutes to full lol

1 hr 35 min 5 extra min and camera out plays putfile lol

1hr 37 on redline

http://www.youtube.com/?v=2UTJgjPdWWY

you tube wins the upload and camera is about to exhaust, before I close the my essay

camera is at a very warm state to the touch, the battery is working, the tft screen is perfect no heat generated from it while waitingfor the camera to shut down I think I shall geta full sd card out of the battery at qvga over the recommended 90 minute statement. 3face is this acceptable may I say my vid proved a point or do I need to do a better display test. final results when I see which gives lol
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:22 PM   #17

garanteed 1 hour 50 minutes to exhastion
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:38 PM   #18

Were you FILMING for 1 hour 50 minutes? I mean did you hit record and never stop recording or what? Because if you were just intermitedly switching between pics and video and MP3 or whatever, you should be able to go to the 3 hour mark. I did with my battery and I know it's the same one lol! :G
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:43 PM   #19

yes you are totally right you may leave the camera on and do all that you'll get a 3 hour mark. even letting it just sit without turn off

I had it filming did you not read record lol . and watched the vd lol 50 minutes 1 min a sec in the vid lol wanna waste 1 minute watching the vid
Old Jan 11, 2006, 7:57 PM   #20

hehehe, i've got that illeteracy disease remember:G

BASICALLY, youCAN make it last up to 3 hours if you want, or you can blow it all at once and end up with a shorter time....that did NOT sound right, AT ALLL...no no no NOOOO it did not. Oh man, 12 year old and under, look awaaaay from this post. :G