Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:53 AM   #1

hello hybriders,

i have the MPVR but not really satisfied with quality. I am thinking to switch to the Digilife DDV 1000 after reading some reviews. But i check on their web siteand it says thatthe cam support SD up to 1 GB. Does it mean that i can't use a 2GB SD card in this cam ?

Second question, i saw on ebay a cam SVP HDDV 2100, 12MP, 2.5 screen, pretty cheap, do you know anything about this cam ?

Third one, any tips to find the digilife in USA ?

thanks.

armorbreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2006, 4:11 PM   #2

1st question you may ante for a 2 gig card but means it may not play or write in the camera pass 1 gig

2nd no but research and decide if the mpvr is not for you or may be compare its features to the mpvr. I like my mpvr due to a number ofreasons and am super happy 1 hour and 50 plus minutes of it lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:51 PM   #3

fishy,

i watched your video of the MPVR in low light condition. i have to saythatthe quality is good. But when it comes to mine, i can't have the same, there is always some purple somewhere!!!!! and without night mode on or anything else. How do,you get this quality ?

that is why i was thinking to try the digilife V1 or 1000!! and return MPVR

armorbreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 2:43 AM   #4

your Mpvr may be defective, and the night mode is on you may need to look at the settings , go into the settings anddefault the camera. if it does not clear up , hitthe right meue key scroll up to you see night mode about two clicks up, and see if night mode is Off hit mouse.

if you snap a pic and its still on place a SAMPLE SHOT up let me be the judge? I would deffently say defective and return the camera. try a new one.

As for the digilife Low light willnot be any better on any model. the best low light model some members are saying the creative labs over 200.00 after shipping. 428 series the digilife is a great camera and may or may not have imput for video sources to record into the camera so it is a great camera may have a crisper look with vid etc I am suprised sgspirit did not jump in yet?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 2:52 AM   #5

Just to add a bit of a comment-

Also, settings is vital. Make sure you have it enabled for night. Experiment with settings until you find a good image.

I seen plenty of videos and pictures posted by members here who represent the best of what the camera can do and also, the worst. Pictures depend on the user and camera.

I am adding to fishicomics post above me.

Make sure you have the correct settings and also if your image is at a distance or near object.

Just for your information, i am in the middle of purchasing either the aiptek mpvr or the ddv-1000.

I get payed tomorrow. 24 hours left for me to decide... :-)
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote