Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 11, 2006, 8:18 PM   #1

Do any of the DDV-1000 owners out there know how to get this function (theAV in/outputfunction)to work. I plugged the AV cable into the AV port and plugged the yellow white and ported cables into my TV. Nothing happens when I hit record. It just records a black screen. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
ceb0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2006, 8:20 PM   #2

If you have cable or satellite, you need to plug it DIRECTLY into the reciever. If you have a DVD player, plug it into the DVD player. The DVR records DIRECTLY from the device that transmits the signal, which is NOT your TV. Your TV RECIEVES the signal to display it.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:52 PM   #3

Most tv's lack "OUT" ports. Some do, but you'd have to check carefully. Or you can check by using the same tv jacks to try to playback something from the camera onto the tv.

I've hooked up my camera to use the av/in port, and I had it connected to the OUT jacks on a VCR. It worked fine, and the resulting pictures looked better than anything I could video with the camera's own system.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 2:37 AM   #4

sometimes reca jacks get miss wired. so get a vid from the camera and see if you got playback? yes now that would be the output of the camera now take the rca and plug into a vcr and turn the vcr on take the other end to the input and you are in bussiness

As an Aiptek owner I leave my cable into the vcr and purchased an additional cable for length and duplicateion if needed other sources when neccessary I leave the extra one on the pc so I canshow you some tricks lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 2:43 AM   #5

I am not sure about you people but I need to inform you guys about DRM. anybody heard about this? I came out in a couple of movies and i had vhs versions of myself one time and i tried using ati all in wonder to convert the vhs to dvd. the picture would fade in and out. This is what macrovision or DRM does to move people away from being able to copy. Has anybody ever expirienced any problems like this?

I moved from ati all in wonder to nvidia or ati using a avermedia avertv tuner card. Reason being is that it does not carry the DRM restriction. And since it is made in china, all china material does not comply with usa standart of DRM enforcement. I know the hybrid cameras if made in china do not have this restriction.

I own a few vhs that i would love to move over to dvd on a pc. Right now, i have no problems copying anything with my china hardware. Im american btw.....

what restrictions has anybody come accross with and how is the quality from dvd to the mpvr or ddv-1000 like.? any comments about DRM? also, Windows vista will be heavily enforced with DRM and DMCRA crap. Any comments? seriously i would love to preserve the materials i own and do not need dto pay for my copy right material since i already own a copy.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 2:53 AM   #6

no problem at all

I have cable and I cannot record into my pc due to scramble or other detectedcodecs

so I bypass this now by

cable to vcr record the show and vcr to pc record to pc that was one way

Now I do this and no triple copy. i record my show on the cable box and/ or lewave on the pc and record and fall asleep )lol)

cable to vcr, and from my vcr the video out to the pc and all the codects washs away problem fixed, n more error or cannot open file

the Mpvr can record any ANY source and not worry about any codecs of fadein/out or scramble stuf. so

this may be first if they put this into the camera the price goes up higher.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:09 PM   #7

AlmostallVHS movies in the U.S.after a certain date in the 90's were encrypted with Macrovisionor something simular. Some hardware bypass this and some do not. Mostdvd recorders (not computer burners) andcomputerinput devicescannot bypass these encryptions. There are however "line stabalizers" that do it for you.Ihave seen them at Best Buy and all over the internet (and plenty of rip offs). Best Buy has one calledGo Video that Ihave used. It got the job done.It is nice that the MPVRandothers are immune to that problem.
mld03c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:38 PM   #8

yes you can purchase a unit to back up your orginals, but it is illegal to make copies , keep that in mind. shop at home sells the unit runs around 70 usc. and the camera will not have this.

Imagine snapping a digital still, or video, and you want to save it, and it is coded. and the only place you can get it decoded is at a genovese, duene read, pathmark. lol a money makingidea.

Wecan go on and on. like Home security, movies, software you name it.

not a bad idea about placing a codec on the hybrid the consumer you will pay the price.