Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:57 PM   #1

9:52 or 1:30pm

Here is a test besides the video, somefeatures we overlook, and is needed here due to a member needing a decision, within 24 hours to decide to buy or pass.

1. a 1 gig card will double check after test voice recorder recording time 600 plus minute or hours I believe I seen 624:28willclearify again after test

2. a fully cahrged Aiptek battery 3.7 vdc turning on camera, going to voice recorder. and hitting record, the camera is in a record mode with a counter, tft screen is lit.

having taken note it is recording, I am able to close the cover and taken notice the tft screen shuts off, while the blue on led lite stays solid lit, and the record circle is in full green solid instead of a flashin g red and green.

3. 30 minutes into the test i am opening the door to take note the screen lites up and the counter says 30 minutes 32 secs and a full battery still showing

4 will check back at 2:30 I wil not know when the first battery incrementwill go down, but I will know that I may get at least 1 hour 30 minutes of voice recording.

5. 1 hour in the screen opened, caused the batter to drop by 1 increment and may have went back to full. So if each increment of the battery (3) are 1 hoir per that would mean you would get 3-4 hours of Voice recorder, and I believe the manual may say 4 hour voice recording on high. So I believe going any further would deffently clear up the battery life

6. skippingthe next 30 minute and going for the next hour the battery was at 2 when opend it dopped to 1 bar back to 2.

test is in 2 hour 0 minutes in still going?

7. it is another fast 30 minutes wow not opening up the camera and it is 2.5 hours play time

8. its again 1 hour later from 1:30 and now 5pm 3hours 30 minutes the camera is warm, taken it for a walk. and still kicking, I do not dare open the screen to see where i stand in the record time or battery life but i know it shouldexhaust any time now check in at another 30 minutes

9 5:15 plus pm

from 1:30 -5:15 that is 3 hours 45 of non stop recording the mpvr shut down. as I turned the mpvr back on and had the last red bar I was able to load up the wav file but read invalidwav file .Due to loss of power the file was never finalized bad bad bad.

I tested another few seconds and it recognised it, but If I were to say testing 1 two 3. I garantee testing would be not the first words (lol)

so as my final results are in 3 hours 45 minutes record time short of 4 hours, I believe this is acceptable and have one extra battery that would make 6 hours record and 3 bateries 9 hours record time

as for the hours I say hundreds of hours on a 1 gig card 487:12 double check 778:00 do the calculations

3 hours 180 minutes 45 minutes =225 minutes 778-487 =291 minutes hmm where did the extra 60 come from (lol) I may lack of rest but

778 is 1 gig of minutes

thank you Mod FISHY

it will be 4 hours max on voice leaving it record. hope to back that up at the end of the test........
test Completed

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2006, 7:15 PM   #2

2 batteries, 7-8 hours based on your test. ALSO, might be a good idea to set a timer for 1 hour and check every hour, just to be sure it's recording. If you see te red bar, you should stop recording and start a new one. Better to lose 20-30 minutes than 3 hours.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 7:27 PM   #3

what makes the batery depriciate is opening up the tft screen it draws power. so there is no need to check for recording wen there is

a green solid ring for voice recorder

a flashing red with green, for vid and still

Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:10 PM   #4

Yea, your right, Im just being paranoid:?:O:?:?:G

But a 3 hour timerr isn't a bad idea, open the LCD right at the 3 hour mark to make sure battery isn't in the red zone. You said it yourself fishy, the file got corrupted when the battery ran out with the thing still recording. I would want to avoid that.:G
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:34 PM   #5

WOW! thanks for testing the device for me fishycomics. Most definetly will purchase an aiptek since it works well enough. Now for the final extra batteries.

batteries, what type of batteries does the aiptek use and what is the highest capacity they offer? i was thinking of using a unit i use to power up my zaurus after i deplete the battery of course after some voltage and amperage testing is done.

what do you guys recommend? anything higher then the stock available in the market?
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:42 PM   #6

For around $10 you can get 2 8210 3.6v 830mAh batteries from EBAY. Just look for the .99 8210 battery. I have one and it works great, although it doesn't last QUITE as long as the official aiptek.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:17 AM   #7

go to your local store like bestbuy or circuit city if not a cellphone joint, the battery is a Nokia 8200-9000- series model nk8290

I just love how our members like to ask and never look pas page one (lol) I understand you may not find it easy enough butasking is good

the nah is 1200 and has a rating for the cellphone which does not pertain to the camera at al it said days of standbye and well the hybrid sucked the life out of it in a heartbeat (lol)

3 batteries wildo you fine, but but you must decide for yourself if this camera is for you. I always say research and if you like the results the next step is yours.

not a sales person just a real persons review
Old Jan 13, 2006, 12:58 PM   #8

I still say stick with EBAY. The mAh isn't TOO important. Just having 3 batteries (the Official Aiptek and 2 eBAY 8210s) will give you ~7 hours of battery life. I wonder if a 1600mAh li-ion battery would last twice as long...like 6 hours. I HIGHLY doubt it. Any tests with a high mAh battery?
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:30 PM   #9

if you can wait then its worth it .

as an example I purchased a book at Ebay 4.99 ship calculate. b&N wanted to order as well but at full price 25.00 never went out of my way. I saved 15.00 excellent purchase

If you see something as well near the naighborhood, and it is just a dollar more arguement sakes. sd card at New egg 44.00 1 gig and Staples has it for 50.00

newegg. after shipping around 50.00 and Staples after tax around 55 plus I would go to Staple b/c I needed it sooner then wating. and may have been a better company at Staples.

yes it is worth ordering 2 for 10 shipped I just lucked out on a clearance 7.00-8.00 on them at bestbuy

as wel las Nah does not make a difference as long as the ratings push out the same if it throws a amperage higher blown screen lol 6vdc willpixalate your screen yep done that on an Is-dv worked flaweless andstill worked
Old Jan 13, 2006, 7:03 PM   #10

Way to take my point and EXPAND on it fishy, thanks ALOT. No really, thanks, alot. lol!:-):G

But yea your right, shipping at online retailers is generally MORE expensive than it would be with taxes involved. But STILL. $10 for 2 batteries with all shipping and handling included. That's an awesome deal right there. Can't be beat..wait you got 2 for $8:O man I wish my Best Buy was that cool!:-)