Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 12, 2006, 3:09 PM   #1

Finally, Got my Aiptek MPVR! Simply Love it! However, I bought it online at http://www.datavis.com

The only problem is the LCD screen, it wasn't Cracked but it was SCRATCHED twice. I figured for it to beNew, that shouldn't have been on the LCD screen.

So, i'm going to return it this weekend and their going to send me another one. Other than that it's fine, i got a chance to play around& became quite familiar with it.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this time ALL will be fine.:-)

ttaakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2006, 3:57 PM   #2

take a finer look, I have not yet removed my protective plastic cover on it, there is a film see if that is what the crack is? before you return. if you are returning it and it was that plastic film how would you feel not knowing (lol)

and they only show 4 cameras hmmm
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:05 PM   #3

Great price...BUT for $15 more you could have gotten a remote and photo paper. I suggest you buy the remote to go along with your MPVR (only $15 at Aiptek). It's SOOOOO useful and handy too lol :G

Glad you like it, I LOVE it too, can't waituntil I getmine back. OH and the clear plastic cover that wascovering my LCD screen was prettyscratched up too. At first I thoughtI had abad LCD screen but 1 second later I saw that the clear plastic stuck out over theedge of the LCDandthen30 minutes later I realized ....you can take it OFF! :?:G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 6:13 PM   #4

best left on like pda protectors
Old Jan 12, 2006, 6:26 PM   #5

I disagree...oh wait it's fishy, can't disagree or I'll be banned:G

But if you never take off the cover you never see the FULL BEAUTY of the MPVR's LCD screen. I couldn't stand to look at it through that especially for playback of movies. ALSO, the screen is easily cleaned, so it's not so bad once the protector is off. Just have to make sure you don't accidentally drop the screen on a knife :G Oh and be sure to protect it from scratches by cutting your nails every hour :O...seriously...ok no im not lol.

Actually, just don't drop the MPVR at ALL and you'll be the best off, hard TO drop it if you've got the wrist strap on.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 2:19 AM   #6

you may argue the point. i have th Aiptek 5300 screen protector on since day one and well the extral icon is anoying. I felt I had no need to pull it out till i feel it is neccessary. does not distort the view for me. if I resell I have all orginal stuff intact. (lol)
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:01 AM   #7

fishycomics& 3FaCEThanks a Million! You guys were right, it was the thin film of plastic on the LCD screen. Just think i was about to send it backthinking the screen had been scratched. Can you imagine, had i sent it back and found out later that it wasn't scratched, Boy I would have been Pissed off!

Boy you guys saved me a lot of Time, something told me to come here first &post about this problem before i send it back, Thank God i did.

Also, the manual said to charge the battery for at least 4 Hours, just wondering from a 4 Hour Charge, how many hours does that give me of playtime?

THANKS AGAIN!:-)

ttaakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:12 AM   #8

I hope you read ALLLL of my topic. In it I say (I think I said this somewhere in that mess lol) you are supposed to let the battery fully charge (when the charger goes green) and then let it TRICKLE charge for 2-3 hours after that. Reason being, Li-Ion batteries start out with an 80% charge when the charger saysit's fulland the trickle charge SLOWLY fills it up to 100%. So if you were to just charge the battery for the recommended time your battery life would be SLIGHTLY lower. Of course you only need to do this the FIRST time you get the battery. Right after it's fully charged, fully DIScharge the battery. After that, you can do whatever you like. Although fully discharging the battery more than once a week isn't recommended. It's actually better to charge the battery a few times a day than let it fully discharge. Just some tips I read. Hope that made some kind of sense:-)

OH and battery life for ME with the LCD screen on 100% of the time and while doing pics/vid/MP3s/playback was 3 hours 30 minutes. Not too bad. The battery life for 100% video (press record and never stop it) is ~1 hour 30 minutes. Not bad at all.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:02 PM   #9

ttack you may send the camera to 3face he needs one. if the screen is damage ha ha ha that was what I shoul have said. but We over look the simple things.

1. batt life like 3face says. each may have different record time

I made some demos

video 1:30 minutes (to the book)

stills 3000 plus shots no flash around 2-4 hours

voice 3:45 min

mp3 not tested

camera left on 3 hours for battery test no pic still just left on.

these are tests that I have done and they may be found all scattered on the site .

I should try t ofind them but are found if you go pass page one (lol)

Old Jan 13, 2006, 4:13 PM   #10

I have not been here long but I think I can already categorize 3 faces for 3face.

Face 1: Aiptek Gorilla Marketer getting payed per post.

Face 2: A serious case of ADHD (Attention Deficite Hyperactivity Distorder)

Face 3: "I'm Battman!" (voice of Jim Carrey as the riddler in Batman Forever).

Sorry, your just so comical that I had an uncontrollable urge to state the obvious.
mld03c is offline   Reply With Quote