Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 13, 2006, 5:13 AM   #1

I was watching a movie I had converted to MP4 on the camera (Napoleon Dynamite if you must know). I was able to rewind using the buttons on the side of the screen, but I couldn't fast forward. If I shot footage with the camera, I COULD fast forward that. Is there something in the conversion of other material that prevents it from working?

Thanks
Bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:53 AM   #2

Sadly, you can NOT fast-forward Converted videos. ACTUALLY :idea::idea::idea:, now that I think about it :idea:...I wonder if you could somehow hook the AV-IN cableup to the computer and record the movie ONTO the MPVR? That would enable you to fast-forward/rewind videos. Don't know how this could be done though or if it's even possible.

GAAAWSSSH.:G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 2:40 PM   #3

3face right click on desktop/ and go to properties go to settings now you may not be allowed to do the next step because you need to go to advance and wel its for advance users (lol) go to advance and then display you will see two items (big_

Monitor and tv (your pc must have a caption card) while you do this the mpvr should be plugged in. click tv. the red will go to green on the tv of the pc, and you click apply, it will ask you withing 15 secs if not it'll reset .you may be afraid to click it b/c remember you must be advance user (lol)

click it the screen of the pc will flash, and the mpvr now has the monitor on there

you may try now to go to a software and play the vid and try to record.

Some of my demos are done this way, and well when I use win movie maker when I try t opreview the vid I lose the pc screen Lol.

2 the playback in fast foward rewind works in mysterious ways. and I do not understand why it cannot just play it like a vcr? one ff one rew bla bla bla you kno what I mean its not a good wa at all to have those symbols up if they do not function correctly.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 4:16 PM   #4

I thought it was a bit strange, and I was afraid it might be broken, but when I was able to FF footage I shot, I had a feeling it was just one of those things...perhaps a fix will show up in the firmware that is supposedly coming?

P.S. I found a great case for it at Best Buy. It fits like a glove, has some room for extras,and was only 9 bucks!
Bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 4:34 PM   #5

I had the same feeling at first with the fast foward and rewind i got over it.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote