Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 13, 2006, 7:48 AM   #1

can anyone tell me why i can use my ddv-7000 as a webcam in msn messanger ,,,but no other cam rooms do i need drivers to do this :??:??
sammylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:10 PM   #2

my mustek has a driver. and I use it in yahoo, I can go to another site and use it as well.

If your pc recognises it as a webcam it should work anywhere? I may be right or wrong?

my mpvr does not work as a webcam, b/c it the first one producedand your digilife may be the same principle not supported

I do not see any other drivers in the menue

my mustek highlights mass storage webcam and printer

one I have to hit function, another mustek i hit enter. so you may have to hit menue or function key o acknoledge it

edited Sorry I did not proof read had 20 topics to respond to Lol

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:18 PM   #3

you need to tell your ddv to be used as a webcam, mass storage, recording. Either that or its a driver issue. also, you need to tell your msn which webcam you want to be using when you have installed the drivers or asked the ddv to be used as a webcam.

when i plug in my mustek, a menu pops up and asks as what i want it to be used for, i tell it webcam and it works only after i finish installing the drivers. as a mass storage device, windows automatically detects it and in this case, no drivers needed.

one very important item-It does not state in the specs it can be used as a webcam.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:32 PM   #4

Cresho thank you. I did not proof read and was answering all tetopics thanxfor clearification
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 5:53 AM   #5

The software probably does not support that particular device. Could be a setting. Can you state what other "rooms" your talking about?

sammylad wrote:
Quote:
can anyone tell me why i can use my ddv-7000 as a webcam in msn messanger ,,,but no other cam rooms do i need drivers to do this :??:??
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote