Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:05 PM   #1

In case anyone's interested, I just picked up an MPVR at target to use with my Mac. It works great with Flip4Mac (a free download). Flip4Mac adds components to QuickTime to handle Microsoft file formats like ASF used on the MPVR. Plug in the USB cable, and it shows up as a removable drive. Drag the video clips off to the desktop, double click and they open up just fine in QuickTime. With QuickTime support, these clips should go straight into any QuickTime based app like iMovie or the Final Cut apps.

Microsoft has officially ended development of Windows Media Player for the Mac and has instead endorsed the Flip4Mac components for WM file playback. Through this arrangement, they've made the Flip4Mac viewer components free. If you want to generate ASF files, you have to upgrade to their paid for products.

So far, this is working great for me. The only bug I've had is the audio/video sync problem. Playing back the clip with problems on the camera has the same issue, so it seems to be a problem with the camera and not the mac. I'm hoping the new firmware mentioned will be available soon.

You can download Flip4Mac athttp://www.flip4mac.com/wmv.htm

jay
wjlyerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2006, 2:25 PM   #2

Jay welcome and that is excellent info. sorry to say its two weeks later feeels like to long. no follow up yet i did recieve two emails from ray, and yes when I find out I'll post it up there it sure is an issue with the firmware. buffer may not be able to handle the speed of recording and hmm sd card issue? a fster sd card may eliminate the problem but not worth for me to purchase a new one now.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 2:46 PM   #3

Since I just got the camera, I haven't purchased an SD card for it yet. I'm using the internal buffer for testing with very short clips. I wonder if the internal memory access is slow, since I see the a/v sync problems there.
wjlyerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:08 PM   #4

ha ha ha sd card does the same vid/aud synch so best bet you now need to decide if a fster sd card is needed and if so maybe an exchange at hand is needed but

1. may fix one problem and get another . I can live with the vid/aud synch b/c i edit to music if i have to . now if I need to film me talking Mustek his the One 4 me
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:36 PM   #5

the camera records at 30 fps and when it plays back the vid aud synch is off. you need to drop it by .3 and this can be done with the converter. I have a thread up showing a vid of teach tv with the fix

it is vid/aud sych fix 9something like tht ) can be found pass page 2

droo the fps from 30 to 29.7 and this shall fix the problem I only kbow how to do this in arc (lol) possable i can do this in another software like win movie maker

I los lot ofres from 640 down to 320 bad fix but need to do a demo.