Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:15 PM   #1

Ok - I've just uploaded a quick review of my DigiLife DDV-1000. I will add more if I get a chance but it includes pictures and videos....hope you enjoy...

http://ddv1000.chrisnesbit.com/

Nessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:35 PM   #2

Nessy that was very professional. you made me so jealous.

The review How may I go about doing one like that? pm me for details please.

Looking at the review i am sold on the spot, I am sold with the Swing video, I am sold with the Wind chime resolution at medium. And Just seeing it nicely placed like a Professional review. the topicwill remain at important for the duration of january. thank you for taking your Personal time to help our Members and guests in their search fora better hybrid......Mod FISHY
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:45 PM   #3

WELL well WELL. Very nicely done Nessy (although I like mine just a TAAAD bit more...jk:-))

So it seems the only difference between the 1000 and the MPVR is the CCD image sensor, and ahigher pic/vid resolution with 8x zoom. The casing looks nearly identical...only with a better button layout (IMO) and an UGLY color scheme lol!And now to give it a SEXY rating....out of 5

Well, definately won't be getting THAT then. :G

How's the price on that thing?

It's ~$60 more than the MPVR. I'd say that's reasonable. But...still gotta stick with the MPVR. I admit, the DDV-1000 IS the better hybrid...but not THAAAAT much better. How's the MP3 playback? Can you fastforward/rewind all media put onto it?
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:59 PM   #4

Hi,
Very nice review. I had a DDV-1000 next to a aiptek MPVR next to a DDV-M1.... and the DDV-1000 came out on top with the least amount of video noise and better low light sensitivity. The MPVR had low noise, and the DDV-M1 had high noise.

The DDV-1000 I ordered, from ebay, came in the exact same style presentation box. It had a differently designed sleeve box however. Your DDV-1000 has a maroon/reddish colored body. The one I received has a dark grey colored body. Other than that though they are exactly the same.

Have you noticed how the specs say that it interpolates to 10 megapixels, yet the stickers and box say 11 megapixels? Wierd...
Bob C
bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 1:09 PM   #5

Thanks Guys - it was due to the forums I went down this route so felt it would help others if they were looking at a DDV-1000.

The outer sleave on the box does have different specs. I guess they got these printed up before they decided on the higher actual specs!!! As long as it does what I want - thats the main thing.

I will take some shots with the Sony HeadCam plugged in at some point....

Thanks,

Chris
Old Jan 15, 2006, 1:11 PM   #6
NX3

Nice review and site Nessy !

fishcomics, "I am sold with the Swing video" does that mean it compares well or better to the Aiptek DV6800 / MVPR on a similar test ?
NX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:25 PM   #7

the colors are deffently there I here in NY do not see any color more grey scale (lol) just kidding . when I leave NYc and am away foran extended period it is dirty (lol) what vid can I compair to what i have nothingatthe moment. but yes

it blows away the MPVR. I justt hink mine may not be a better model due to the first edition.

The trueOutcomewould be to get a 640x480 sample and watch it on a big tube. that will decide the vid for me. otherwise one has an advantage over the other.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 12:25 AM   #8

So exciting! Thank you Nessy.....maybe there should be a "Thank Nessy" thread. :!:

And thanks for the macro pic of the leaf.

mld03c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:38 PM   #9

Nessy, thanks for the impressive website! I can sort of tell you've been bitten by the hybrid "bug". From the site, I'd guess you work in graphics in some capacity.

If you're into doing a detailed feature review, you could use my DDV-810 review as a guideline.

Now, should I get a DDV-1000, or wait for the 520?
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 3:59 AM   #10

Thanks SG,

I'm not a graphics person although it would be a nice job to do! I'm an IT Manager (everyone seems to be in IT lately!)....

I would like to do a more comprehensive secion with more tech specs for this and any other stuff I get. Its just a matter of time (isn't it always).

Will keep you posted....