Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:28 PM   #11

welcome wonderdog. We are like a magnet we'll draw you in but it takes time. if we find a breed out there and its posted it should search no.1

hail steves forum.....

good luck on the new hybrid
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 3:54 PM   #12

yeah, the problem is they made the cmos and ccd versions identical in looks! they should have made some differentiating factors either in colours or looks so that its easier for everyone to tell the difference (some dealers may not know but thats no excuse for them since the cost difference is significant)
igadgetsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 7:17 PM   #13

Pffft. To heck with it!

I RMA'd the D3625 (CMOS edition.. pft! less said about Aria the better tbh) and splashed the extra 50 quid for a DVV-1000 (£170 inc Special delivery from the UK on ebay). Heres hoping I wont be dissapointed this time!

I also noted you can buy a battery charger and spare NP60 (seem to use these in loads of cameras from various maufacturers?) batteries for about £13 / £8 respetively... worth doing you reckon?

I'll let you all know how I get on and post some links to some test video! (PS. Sorry for offtopic btw!)

#Wonderdog
wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:39 AM   #14

never off , just sie tracked

wonderdog. visit the on/offtopic, if you like to make a great review and have a webpage you can load up all your stuf there. helps al out as well.

the extra battery and charger yes its worth it. always carry a spare with you in case the one runs out I have three.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 9:10 AM   #15

looking to buy a good/cheapish ;-) hybrid. Had a look on the Aria site, at it seems they've confirmed today they have the CDD version. Is it work a gamble ?

Could someone briefly explain to a newbie what the differences are ..

Thanks in advance.
yak00 is offline   Reply With Quote