Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:20 PM   #1
NX3

http://www.orite.com.tw/english/prod...am_dv3625p.htm

Is this a Digilife DDV-1000 clone ? Specs and lookswise they are very similar.

I'm going skiing soon and want to get a DV cam. I've been looking at DDV-1000 v the Aiptek MVPR. Would the CCD cope better with the over bright snow ? Its going to kick back alot of glare and cmos stuff i've seen previously has been very sensitive to having light levels just right or the picture qualitys been terrible.
NX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:35 PM   #2

hi m8 check out the ddv-1000 out in this topic in the room (New DDV-1000 Review)
sammylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:36 PM   #3

posted on sunday 15th by nessy
sammylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:49 PM   #4

NX - I was looking at the same Camera from Aria. I emailed and called them for a full spec but they could not supply....They dont seem to be able to say when they are coming in apart from 'soon'.

However, I took it upon myself to get the DDV-1000 as the aria did not state it had a 1.8mbps quality which I wanted and does make a difference (if your after image quality). It has a different size lens also. The other camcorders on Aria are rebranded DigiLife (clones) but this model is a completely different number so I don't think its the same high spec as the DDV-1000. I may be wrong, but thats be putting 2+2 together and hopefully get 5...I mean 4.

Chris.
Nessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:25 AM   #5
NX3

Aria had them in stock so I went for it ! Its at home waiting for me!!!!!

I'll post more info when I've had a play but thought it was worth a punt as I wanted a Hybrid DV cam for a while.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:09 AM   #6
NX3

I got sent the DV3625 CMOS version ! Its being RMA after they tried to tell me its the right model...sigh. Basically the aria website is wrong, they don't have the CCD version. Oh well
Old Jan 24, 2006, 1:08 PM   #7

that is annoying - sorry to hear about that. I was so tempted to go for that deal....

DOH!:O
Old Jan 24, 2006, 4:03 PM   #8
NX3

Very annoying. However I got my RMA number now so back to the DDV-1000 I guess
Old Jan 24, 2006, 4:38 PM   #9

I think you will like the DDV-1000. Not long till I give it a good thrashing on the slopes of Morzine.....

Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:50 AM   #10

Just ordered the DV3625P from Aria myself... wish I'd found this forum first!

Despite confirming with the (native english speaking) sales guy at length that it was indeed the Orite DV3625P CCD edition they had on sale, I recieve the CMOS version... sigh.

Anyway, I'm currently trapped in minimum wage callcentre support hell, trying to explain to a bloke with english language skills equivelent to a Parrot what the issue is... Of course, his supervisor is busy and will need to hone me back later this afternoon. I asked the guys name... "Ronnie"... aye, right!

Ach well, heres hoping they have got the DV3625P somewhere, and can replace this bloody webcam they've sent me with a proper hybrid... bah!

PS. Screengrabbed the web page, just incase they decide to change the description and claim ignorance...

#Wonderdog
wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote