Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 16, 2006, 5:21 AM   #1

Hello,
I am going to buy Genius G-shot DV610 and I am looking for someone who ownes this hybrid. I would like to see some sample videos. I found on this forum, that DV610 is clone of Digilife DDV-660, but I couldn't find samples for this camera neither. There should be also clone from Orite (Orite 3020) and there is two samples on this forum. But I am looking for really representative samples (In all bitrates and in various conditions). If DV610 not possible then Digilife DDV-660 would be good too.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks for all your answers.

Karel
Karel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2006, 5:50 PM   #2

Get an

M

P

V

R

instead. Only advantage the DV610 has is 8x zoom (compared to 4x of the MPVR).

But it's also MISSING AV-IN (DVR) capability. Otherwise, the cameras are nearly identical. Scratch THAT. 610 only supports 512MB SD card. MPVR = 2GB. AND MPVR is a Personal Media Player (hence the MP)meaning you can convert your movies into it's format and play them back on the 2.5 inch screen. I think the prices are very close as well. Go with the MPVR OR if you want to spend a LITTLE more, the DDV-1000. It's more expensive, but a better overall hybrid than the MPVR.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:49 PM   #3

The G-Shot DV610 also lacks image stabilization, which is a big disadvantage in my books. Given that the 610 = the Digilife DDV-660, and the 660 has been followed by the 670, S670, 720, 810, 910, and now the 920, the 610 is rather off-the-pace. But still well worth it and a nice camera if the price is low enough.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:01 AM   #4

3FaCE: I come from Czech republic and here supply of hybrids is very poor. And I don't want to buy it abroad. And I don't care about capacity of SDs.

sgspirit: It has image stabilization. See http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/product/....asp?pdtno=538

EDIT: In other words: I have been reading this forum and other sources pretty long time and I know which qualities has MPVR and other hybrids. But after comparing advantages and disadvantages, I decided to buy this camera.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 3:25 AM   #5

Kar this is called prefrence and we I should say I cannot tell you which model to purchase and its best for you to decide

what style you like best. and its values. the company , etc, etc. glad you made the right choice and ifpossablewhen you get your hybrid post some pics and vids. a great advantage in our book
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 9:22 AM   #6

fishycomics: I don't want anybody to tell me which model to buy. I can make this decision myself. I only asked if someone had sample videos of DV610 or DDV-660.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:47 AM   #7

lets hope there will be some hybrid owners that own them, most members of the old site faded away. so as time goes by we'll see some smple if owners start posting/
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote