Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 18, 2006, 7:43 PM   #1
sna

Hi,

First of all I d like to say "Very Impressive work"

ok now,

I am getting new Digital/MP3 cam tomorrow from Germany.

and I have some questions.

First of all I am looking at the following models :

- Mustek DV 9300 120euro

- Aiptek DV 6800 150euro

-Aiptek dv 5700 99 euro

-Mustek DV 5600 170 euro

ok lets begin

Fist I need the best MP3 Quality so which one is the best?

Second there are some strange things , like,

- the Mustek 9300 says USB only not mentioning USB2 or not in specs, I go to Taiwan site i see usb2 LOGO but in SPECS site I see usb1.1 any Ideas? if usb is 1,1 then BIG no or?

- the Mustek 9300 supports WMA while the AIPTEK not???

-the aiptek 6800 plays mp3? or not? in site they dont say at all

-now the most important thing should I go to CCCD or CMOS?? I read that ccd are better but the only one is Mustek 5600 and too much expensive is it worth it?

-now If I Choose aiptek there are2 Identical models with 50 euro difference (thats 50%)

the 6800 and 5700 both have same features 3mpixel cmos, videoVGA30fsb/MP3 and all things , only thing I see is the smaller LCD on 5700, I dont care about the sizeof the LCD to pay 50 euro for it only.. do u think I am right? or is there somthing else?-

-about the Voice recording, is it encoded in small MP3 or WMA files? like most mp3 players now? or not? if no strange really cos mp4 is harder to encode...

- and finally which one is top seller

another thing, If I go CCD 5600 Mustek for 170 euro, there is 2MPIXEL professional STILL cams for same price and record in QVGA 30 fsb is it worth it to go for the real CCD camera with real lence and so?

thank you

I am buying morgen please hhelp

man they are so near to each other and i am getting online and cant decide

oh and should I get normal SD or high speed one ? does it matter in these?

and finally there is somthing bothering me...

MP3 players with oled and small 1inch TFT and 512 MB flash cost the same ... does it mean these have better sound quality? I will use the cam for mp3 too.

also any cam like these with FM radio??

and finally which one is smallest? I am buying online

thank you for reading my long loooooong questions...

waiting for ur reply

-

sna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:33 AM   #2
sna

ANY ONE???
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:18 PM   #3

- the Mustek 9300 says USB only not mentioning USB2 or not in specs, I go to Taiwan site i see usb2 LOGO but in SPECS site I see usb1.1 any Ideas? if usb is 1,1 then BIG no or?

not an answer-developers always change packaging name and can also change hardware spec to accomodate failing hardware through community use.

- the Mustek 9300 supports WMA while the AIPTEK not???
not an answer- wma and asf is the same thing practically.either way, you will be screwed using the "drakonian" file format. output as avi is much better if all codecs are installed. There are work arounds in editing these files on your pc through the software.

-the aiptek 6800 plays mp3? or not? in site they dont say at all

if it is the mpvr, yes it does (mpvr is multyplayer or mediaplayer video recorder)

-now the most important thing should I go to CCCD or CMOS?? I read that ccd are better but the only one is Mustek 5600 and too much expensive is it worth it?

answer-you can find CCDs in low-cost low-power cellphone cameras and CMOS sensors in high-performance professional and industrial cameras- ccd is cheaper for developers while cmos is much more expensive.

-now If I Choose aiptek there are2 Identical models with 50 euro difference (thats 50%)

the 6800 and 5700 both have same features 3mpixel cmos, videoVGA30fsb/MP3 and all things , only thing I see is the smaller LCD on 5700, I dont care about the sizeof the LCD to pay 50 euro for it only.. do u think I am right? or is there somthing else?-

you can get an aiptek really cheap here in los angeles for around 150 dollars.
123 euro. http://cgi.ebay.com/AIPTEK-MVPR-2K6-...QQcmdZViewItem
only problem it records in mono from vhs to camera( 114.820 EUR)(if buying an american product, make sure if power consumption is the same as in euroupe volts 120-250 votls for charging. we dont want to fry anything. ask around the forums and they will reply). my ddv-1000 is in stereo.

hope this helps

just to give you an idea on how hardware developers change, "subject to change without notice!" My ddv-1000 stated cmos and .asf file format on the website spec. My device came ccd sensor and .avi xvid format and states that on the box packaging. which is much much better for the price. and frankly i am happy with the ccd sensor. I can't imagine how better a cmos would look like. I video sd a car trip for 10 minutes and when i got home, the clarity was awsome and in the night too!
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:23 PM   #4
sna

Thanx,

I think I ll get the 6800 Aiptek , cos it is the only one with AVin,
Does it record from say TV???

one thing concerns me

in US they say it plays MP3

while in EU they dont say

I wonder

I understand decoding movies need more cpu power, so it should play mp3
I dont want to take risks and return and loose time
here is the specs : in EU

http://www.aiptek.de/index.php?lan=2...p;detailid=206

strangely other lower models they say they support mp3

should I take the chance?
I cant find it in stores near me

Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:39 PM   #5

sna wrote:
Quote:
Thanx,

I think I ll get the 6800 Aiptek , cos it is the only one with AVin,
Does it record from say TV???

one thing concerns me

in US they say it plays MP3

while in EU they dont say

I wonder

I understand decoding movies need more cpu power, so it should play mp3
I dont want to take risks and return and loose time
here is the specs : in EU

http://www.aiptek.de/index.php?lan=2...p;detailid=206

strangely other lower models they say they support mp3

should I take the chance?
I cant find it in stores near me

YES the MPVR (6800) supports MP3. It has absolutely NO features though. Simply load the MP3s onto the MPVR and they are displayed with FULL titles and you can select them and play them...that's about all you can do really. You cant fastforward or rewind. The volume gets EXTREMELY loud at the highest level and the Bass/treble is quite good.

HMMM

Resolutions
5M (2560x1920), 4M(2304x1728), 3M(2048x1536), 2M(1600x1200), VGA (640x480 Pixel)

Memory Capacity
32MB SDRAM memory for internal function and 16MB flash memory, extension slot for MMC/SD memory carts up to 2Gb

Frame Rate
Video: 640 x 480: up to 30fps (MPEG4)
352 x 288: up to 30fps
320 x 240: up to 30fps
160 x 128: up to 30fps

VERY strange. The MPVR does NOT have 160x128 or 352x288resolutions and the max camera resolution is 6MP not 5. It also doesn't have 4MP or VGA for stills. VERY strange :?. The picture tells me it's the same camera, but perhaps the specs have been altered?!? OR it could just be the website is misinformed. I don't really know.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 9:47 PM   #6

guest wants to know also about the av-in to record tv 3face, can you record? also is it in mono or stereo?

your are the best source for guest. (crap..i went over fishy's head) :-)
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:22 PM   #7

hehe....yea I forgot about those...OK I just didn't see them. :G

But yea you CAN record straight from anything with RCA inputs (Yellow for video, Red and White for audio). Just plug it in and hit record and BAM, you got it. It records in MONO, but the sound is TERRIFIC. When I play it back on my 5.1 surround system, it sounds EXCELLENT. Almost as good as Dolby Digital. The quality is VERY VERY VERY nice with terrific bass and surround effects appear too. In fact the MONO seems to be limited to the voices which are directed toward center speaker only, but sound effects, etc. appear in the surround (on my system anyway). Hope that clears something up..and if not well too "darn" bad, I'm tired :-)
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:49 PM   #8
sna

This is CRAZY,

Now the DDV-V1 is supposed to be Digilife right? and same of 6800?

now what is this?

http://www.cyberport.de/item/2359/12...r.html?APID=14

should i get it? I have the feeling it is better it has 64MB ram instead of 32 in the 6800

man I am dizzy

maybe I should get the Mustek 9300 or the CCD 5700 at least they are STANDARD same specs everywhere

but I ll loose the AV in

guess what? Aiptek Germany didnt bother to reply to my Emails...

one last thing, The samsung i5 MP3 is 299 euro I know it is double the price... but is it stupid to pay 150 euro for cmos and no optical lence/zoom and real brand? it is metalic too

I dont know too many options...

oh one more thing, for famous brand cameras like sony, canon , samsung fuji etc,
which of them have MP3 built in? I found only the samsung i5 MP3
but heared rumors about fuji , Casio and kodak with Mp3 , I am searching 6 hours now and I think they are old models or??

anyhelp appriciated.. I want mp3 cos I use it vry much outdoors, and take alot of photoes, and I dont want to carry around 2 portables

Thanx

Old Jan 20, 2006, 1:29 AM   #9

i think that is why i went for the ddv-1000 from digilife. records in stereo, good pictures, good video.

and the mpvr was sold out or not on display which made me just want to order other online.

mpvr is good if you read fishy's review or 3face. digilife just has that extra audio channel for stereo.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 3:39 PM   #10

on the hybrids does the cmos or ccd affect video recording
need camcorder is offline   Reply With Quote