Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:50 AM   #91

:GI bet you spent hours trying to do it right? I thought its time to try it out my self I need to place some step by wteps there correct?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 2:00 AM   #92

hello fishy...i have the pvr from best buy, which you said is the dv8800 and i think your right.....and i have the audio/video sync problems... my firmware version is f/w 3104 h/w 01 and i was wondering does this new firmware you have fix the audio/video sync? if so that would be awsome...oh...and i went to target to see if they had the dv w/ optical zoom on it and the lady in electronics said it going to go up w/ our christmas lineup stuff...but she said they are going to start in september w/ that stuff...so hopefully by septemper best buy has it.....so yeah...if you could pass the firmware on to me....hopefully it fixes my audio/video sync issues
pychobj2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 2:51 AM   #93

pychobj2001

Welcome aboard. I pm'ed you and I did not read the thread first

1. the PVr is not I repeat NOT a dv6800 it will not work you have no way of going back to its orginal firmware , but if you want to give it a shot Please do.

Alos post a noew topic as members would also lile to know.

2. CAL aiptek and ask them fo a firmware that'swhatt I did and pm me with it thank you
Old Aug 4, 2006, 8:37 AM   #94

Hello pychobj2001, as you can see in my Black PVR thread I have this device as well. We have the highest firmware so far, therefore if it isn't fixed by now then I doubt another firmware will fix it.

I thought rather than PM you, I'd post here on the board so other potential purchasers can know of any issues with the device as well.

I have been trying to confirm to myself whether the voice sync issue is a perceived or real one. The voice sync issue seems very subtle in that the audio appears in sync generally ie it does not drift off or get worse but the lips sometimes look as though they are not in time with the voice which leads the the 'dubbed' look.

I thought it was my imagination, until I took some video of a friend and played it back. I did not mention anything about this, but he immediately said that the voice wasn't in sync with the video straight away. He liked the video but said that shouldn't this be causing a big problem with sales? I said they seem to sell well and there are few complaints about this and I have noticed that outside this board I haven't seen anyone in reviews mentioning this which is odd.

It's weird because if I video myself in a mirror repeating words and exaggerating my mouth movements it does appear to be in sync. Also I have noticed the effect is worse in some videos than others ie some appear almost normal. I think what is happening is that there is a fraction of a second delay in either the video or voice (haven't worked out which!) that is enough for the brain to register this effect.

I don't remember this happening on the original IS-DV I had and I went and looked back at some old videos to confirm this. At least they don't look out of sync to me.

If Aiptek can get it right on that, then why are they still having this problem?

With Bestbuy I have 14 days, so will decide soon if I am to return it and swallow the 15% restocking fee. If it wasn;t for this it would be a keeper.

I like this device but as I tend to use it on People and not just places, the audio sync will be picked up by people and this is unaccetable. I really thought a later device, they may have fixed this issue.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:44 PM   #95

As it may be hard for others to figure this out it is updated at the beginning

http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=270912

Yo will need a password to access the files Hybrid owners have this password as they know the cameras others name :Gyep that's it. if it does not work Please post in here let me know dated 8-15-06 I would say one day to allow propper set up 24 hours thank you
Old Aug 17, 2006, 6:02 PM   #96

savefile.com appears to be down. Any other way to get the file?
CajunCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 6:43 PM   #97

CajunCC pm'ed and I placed the old way back in

I thoughtI had a good thing going :G

thanks for the heads up Please post why you needed and your corrections as this affects Aiptek for updating
Old Aug 18, 2006, 1:49 PM   #98

as I mentioned earlier of the Firmware ,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000" Ifinally found a working site. it is password protected, and that may allow me to charge for the upgrade in the near future.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Old Aug 18, 2006, 8:50 PM   #99

Fishy

I would like to improve my shutter speed can yousend me Firmware 1701

I have DV6800- Aiptek MPVR FW 1501/ HW 00 took a couple of times reading the Post direction and finally seeing the picture before I found the information. I was looking in the camera physically, and on all my paperwork. :roll:

I just purchased this camera from HSN last week. I'm surprised that it doesn't have the new firmware in it. I believe the firmware 1701 came out around Feb or so?

Is there a time frame that the Firmware would need to be downloaded into the camera? I need to purchase a card reader for the SD card, then follow the directions in the Post, and last but not least hope for the best :blah:.
Winter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:20 AM   #100

Winter. thank you you are about the only one that asked for the firmware in the post rather emailing :G, and there are others to out there that follow ha ha ha.

1. a SD only card is needed if its a mmc card it will fail.

2. i believe back when I started this posst in end of dec . I recieved my firmware and that is at the winer season of 2006.

3 to find the firmware in the camera for the first time takes a number of tries .

4. you go to the main page and download thefirmware off of the link I provided you save both files , incase you decide to go backwards if these links do not work Pm me.

5. why would HSN or any other site offer a firmware fix? they do not know of the troubles these cameras have ,and pass along to the consumer.

they should provide yes an update, but rather lose bussiness.

6. I bet if you call up HSN andtell them hey I got issues and have no problem keeping it you'll recieve agreater discount , and yes I would do that for the reason selling an outdated device.

thank you for your input FISHY any assistance Plese let me know

watch the vid it'll hel pyou out..............