Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:56 PM   #121

mod fisy,

my cam is still pocket dv 6800, but its max 8mp and 5mp image sensor. this version is availble in my country and taiwan. the specs are in appendix c of the manual

http://www.aiptek.com.tw/asian/engli...dv_6800_en.pdf

dv8900 is available here, but i dont think it makes much difference

reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 7:13 AM   #122

rei.

I would not have fooled around, with this unless i had a default firmware?

the camera or hybrid is yes probably all the same, I wonder if I can ask and recieve the Is-dv firmware then try to load that in the 6800, and vica verca.

only when I have the firmware

congrad's on the Upgrade but hope all keeps working well.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:01 PM   #123

I need the firmware upgrade for the Mpvr2k6. I have had the camera sence Oct 2005 and have never had any problems until I used it to record from a DVD player. Now it still records but the display timmer stops and starts while recording and the clip only plays for a few seconds then locks up the camera and buzzes. I have to hold down the power button to turn off. When I remove the SD card and play on a computer the clips play but the video flickers sometime but the sound is good. The first flicker on a clip is where the camera sticks. I found your upgrade but need the password to download.

Thanks.

ps I first posted this in a new post sorry about that.

Current time is 10:58 pm
etcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 3:33 PM   #124

the firmware and answer isclear if not i do applogise as you will now have to contact aiptek yourself.

you claim to have troubles

set to default your camera that will clear some the answer istruely clear re-read the top thread for thedownload sorry
Old Nov 4, 2006, 9:36 PM   #125

fishycomics,

I was trying to hard to find the password key. So after staring at the post it hit me!!! I downloaded it fine.

I did try reformating the sd card and setting the camera back to default. Also changed battery to new fully charged one. That is when I found something new.

After default I changed some of the settings,(Auto Off,off) (LCD Bright, turned down two places). On the Camera settings I changed the Resolution back to 6M. Pressed the menu then the mode button selected camera and turned camera off. When I turned the camera back on all the settings went back to default. I changed them again took some pictures and a clip. The pictures were fine and at 6M the clip still had the same problem of locking up the camera on playback at the first dropped frame. When I turned the camera off and back on it returns to default every time.

I found that the clips were having dropped frames when I played them back through a slow motion editing program that checks a clip for frame rate and dropped frames.

I went back to clips I made before this started and there were some frame rate changes that dropped down to 25 to 26 from 29.8 average but no dropped frames. The rate drops mainly happen when there is a light change while recording. Maybe a shutter change takes away from the memory processing speed.

So what the heck, I loaded the upgrade firmware. Guess What, it fixed the problems. Made several clips and recorded from a DVD and cable box. No lock ups and camera keeps setup changes. Also when I check the clip there are no dropped frames and the frame rate does not drop as far when moving from light to dark and back. Lowest was a 27.7.

Thanks for the Help I enjoy reading the posts on this site. I have found several fixes fo different makes of cameras.
etcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 6:14 AM   #126

you ae welcomed.

1. I had the password up I may have taken it off.

2 I even had hidden the full link, and somebody feltthey wanted to delete it as they found it.

3 so now it is totally public, but password is in an answer that was clearly there.

4 Aiptek may not tell all exactlywhat the fix is for they are not great in saying or giving a full review or list. as they did for the is-dv.

5. frame rate it clearly says up to 30fps you may never get 30.1 all the time if you use stabilization you'll drop 10 fps as iteats up inside info to work.

Glad you're back inbussiness . sorry I could notanswer quicker.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 7:44 PM   #127

I have the video / sync problem. I have version 1501 firmware on my MPVR. I love this camera. I watch movies all the time, and also take great photos. My I please have the password for the firmware upgrade.

Great Websit. I come here often.

Thanks,

fberens
fberens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 8:16 PM   #128

clearly placed up as a hint
Old Dec 22, 2006, 4:14 PM   #129

no further updates with Aiptek, they're avoiding the issues hopefully soon
Old May 12, 2007, 5:39 AM   #130

here it is