Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 25, 2006, 1:12 AM   #11

We've always believed the Aiptek MPVR and the Digilife DDV-V1 are the same except for slightly different cases, so I used these instructions to get the firmware number off the V1.

FW 1301
hw 00

Thanks fishycomics for getting this information and the firmware. Excellent work, and a breakthrough in supporting these cameras.

btw, just as you can go to playback mode from any setting just by pressing the center button on the screen, you can also go to video record mode from almost anywhere by pressing the video record button.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 3:27 AM   #12

you do not need to be in that mode for f/w check on the mpvr just in the mode secton. if you need thesoftware let me know . once you load it in. there is no way to go back. lol so I the best bet do not load the software if it is not the correct camera
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 7:49 PM   #13

Here is 1501 version follow the same instructions as the new one if you should need to try and go back. It is likely that once you do decide to update that
The unit may not allow for a down grade in firmware. \

I recieved the 1501 software and iam about to return the camera, I may try to load it up and see if it will fix the problem but like Ray said you can upgrade but not down grade . be careful for what you wish for............
Old Jan 26, 2006, 7:58 PM   #14

Firmware orginal file is at hand and can be down graded I have loaded it up, and still need a test gathered on the hybrids in my other threads thank you
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:14 PM   #15

I need to know EXACTLY what it does before I load it on. From what you say, it does nothing....so it's a worthless upgrade. Maybe your pal Ray can tell you? And if he won't....you should threaten him....threaten to RETURN YOUR MPVR, that'll show him :G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 3:21 AM   #16

No i have a new one in my hand and the old one is going back to a store
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:10 PM   #17

So you have the 1501 Firmware Update as well? Have you recorded from a cable or satellite reciever? I want to know if it will fix THOSE sync issues. Have you updated your newer model MPVR? If you have the update for the 1501 firmware, send it to me

Last edited by fishycomics; Jun 14, 2009 at 9:32 PM.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 11:56 AM   #18

Fishy,

I'd like to get both firmware images, if it's ok. Is the video/audio sync issue fixed in eitherof these updates?

I'm also curious if the firmware update will remove my MPVR's webcam capability? I have one of the 'lucky' versionsthat I can use as a USB webcam.

:G

Thanks in advance,

MPVRr
MPVRr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 1:56 PM   #19

Pm me again and I'll send you a yahoo email to go into for these upgrades

I have the newer ornewest ones and cannot get the webcam function to work on Xp lol

1 i can hit menu and I have camera, or mass when I go to yahoo I do not have the webcam it shouldsay???? camera or webcam??
Old Jan 29, 2006, 3:52 AM   #20

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Pm me again and I'll send you a yahoo email to go into for these upgrades

I have the newer ornewest ones and cannot get the webcam function to work on Xp lol

1 i can hit menu and I have camera, or mass when I go to yahoo I do not have the webcam it shouldsay???? camera or webcam??

fishy if the pmp dv software worked on your mvpr then it should function as a webcam, on yahoo menu "messenger" -> "preferences" -> webcam
reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote