Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 29, 2006, 5:47 AM   #21

Xp

my computer / control panen //scanners digital camera I need to add the fdv6800 in there.I have my tv coaxe card only and it over rides alot.

I believe the software must have something to do with the webcam feature and what does my cd disk say v100?

if it works hip hip if not I have 5 others that are webcams.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 1:10 PM   #22

Fishy,

My cam has the 1501 firmware, and it acts as a webcam. Will the 1707 upgrade take this away? Also, do you still have the vid/aud sync problem on 1707?

MPVRr
MPVRr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 1:55 PM   #23

I believe its 1709. o deleting any functions at all, do I see any newer stuff on the camera no?

does my mpvr have webcam not my old one didit give me webcam capabilities no? the new one I have now I have to use a lttp port. so it is something I am doing wrong. I am going into my other pc and try out why i have no webcam lol just I use the port and I loadedall up on the newest mpvr andmy tvcard over rules all.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 2:10 PM   #24

My new cam as the webcam feature works , I did try it out on Xp and i bet I need to delete all the software and reload but xp likes the caption card as a major role of my pc . I went to win 98 and like I did hit menu and

1 still 6800 loads up

2 vid 6800 loads up

3 aud 6800 loads up, and then i go to yahoo as my webcam it works crisp and clear......

Will the firmware interfere I cannot answer that. I see no reson for the upgrade to interfere.

Until a newest member who owns the latest aiptek comes foward with a firmware check we will never know.

Old Jan 29, 2006, 2:18 PM   #25

I deleted the software; and reloaded restarted pc, and then hit menu allowed camera to go through its tests, and tried yahoo first attempted blue screen second try into yahoo, I go into prefrence andchose settings I now see 2880 caption card and dv6800 Yes i got a webcam working lol

Sometimes reloading all its contents allows it to work.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 9:41 PM   #26

AWESOME!!

I'd STILL like to know what this update DOES though. Have you asked your Aiptek "friend" if he knows? Also, are there any OTHER updates coming? Like 8MP???!?!? Say yes, please say yes. Not FAIR, its JUST NOT FAIR lol :G
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 2:24 AM   #27

3face I guess ifI emailed aiptek in the uk and asked them for the 8800 software it would work I see no outside changes but since its interpolated to 8 meg it should work. a member did say he or she has 1501 hw00 in the 8800 so the answer rightthere is NO sorry

I am awaiting the reply but was told it is a vid audsynchissue fix, must tell the camera to slowthe fps down or something like tht. I have to ait two weeks for a response its only 4 days or so bussiness days will email wedsday
Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:30 AM   #28

Firmware update , what the Firmware really does.

Just got a letter via email

i posted in the beginning 2nd post and edited a few topics so I have the first three posts. so when the guest and members read they can find the instructions easier. thank you for understanding..................

red eye reduction. shutter speed , webcam enhanced
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:03 PM   #29

So there is no fix for the audio/video sync issue?

MPVRr
MPVRr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:23 AM   #30

MPVRr, after going through all that trouble. leading me to believe the vid /aud synch had a fix, delaying me, of course and finding out for all our members and others, that Aiptek, stoop to a lowest level. they still are working , I like to say on this issue, but i guess to quiet me down , they gave me the latest update to the Firmware. which is great. that Fixes shutter, red eye, and webcam. Never had a problem in all three areas at all, but vid/aud synch

at least I also recieved the orginal software. it may be a fix for it with additional info, but time will tell?

My next step would be to contact a Overseas Aiptek,, if they answer their emails? if someone can phone them that are cellphone free that would be great saying they have vid/aud synch issues tawain, is the Main Hub. Will continue the search.

thanks for the great concerns. Mod FISHY

the best thing I ever did for the site so far.............................