Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 17, 2006, 6:24 AM   #41

just one more question, i can't use a mmc to doit ?

i ask this because i dont have a SD card, i just have a mmc
Arqueiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 1:33 PM   #42

as stated by Aiptek, it requires exsplicet instructions. to the T

Diaper dad has some issues wish he gets back online and lets me (the member) know if he is alive and doing well on the update.

he tried to format and the camera crashs but he formated by camera, not pc? need to follow by the rule book,

If you try the mmc it may not accept the firmware or upload. sorry, you may ask Aiptek on the fone or via email (forever recieving a reply)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:50 PM   #43

Ok so here's what happened...

My SD card was inserted in my camera (MPVR) when I formatted it but I didn't format using MPVR's menu, I formatted it through Windows explorer. But it didn't work!

I tried my MP3 capsule (also from Aiptek) to hold the SD card and format it through Windows but it didn't work either.

So, I borrowed a generic card reader from a friend and inserted my SD card there. Connected it to my computer and format it using Windows. Inserted the SD card in my MPVR and followed the instructions, it worked! Now it's updated to 1707!

Fishy is right, even if you format using Windows but if the card is inside the camera or another MP3 player it may still leave hidden unwanted files that will conflict with the firmware upgrade. Use a card reader instead.

Here are things I noticed in my camera after the upgrade:

1. No more 'Recording' message when taking pictures. Which is better because you can fully see the subject in your LCD before it takes the pic.

2. Yeah, shutter speed is a LITTLE faster now. But they could've done better.

3. If I set the flash setting to Auto, it will remain that way even if I turn off/on the camera. Before it defaults to No flash.

4. My camera now is 8MP an has 10X optical zoom...hahaha...kidding!!!

I didn't notice any improvement in my web cam though...

If that's how easy they could upgrade the firmware, I hope that they continue to improve it from time to time.

Thanks Fishy!
DiaperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 7:16 AM   #44

Diaperdad . you are welcomed. I believe the flash was always the samewhen you had it at default or turned off, it remembers. where left at. that even holds true on the new purchase. will flicker the green light at start up, and make you think

webcam may be enhanced in the areas of control hmmm before and after i do not know lol

the shutter, and recording in red is now gone that is either great or a dissappointment. I like to see a few sec shot of the pic I taken. It tells you hey I got the shot it looks good next picture" if it is not there you have to playback and see the shot hmmm

excellent review and Like I said

must be formated by a card reader of the pc ONLY .
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:30 PM   #45

I hope you can help. I need the firmware update that is being discussed here. I have read all the posts and think I have every thing figured out except how or where to get the update file. Thanks in advance.:?
camera_shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2006, 8:42 AM   #46

fishycomics can u pm me the details on how to acquire the update file V38main1707_Upgrade.elf my email address is______________I also would want the original fw 1501 so that if I want to go back I can return to the old firmware
quake2eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:40 AM   #47

hi! I am new here,I am from Mexico and I have been reading some of your topics about MPVR and they are great. I bough this little cam last december and I have been enjoying it a lot. But I have some problems getting the accesories, because Aiptek wont send it to Mexico... So I bought on ebay, 4 of the batteries for the nokia model that fits the MPVR. They are great, I got 4 batteries and 2 chargers sent from HongKong right to my door in Mexico for aproximately 20 dollars. If anyone wants to know the seller, just ask me. My real objective is asking for the firmware update cuz I want to install it on my MPVR,my email is quake2eater wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics can u pm me the details on how to acquire the update file V38main1707_Upgrade.elf my email address is______________I also would want the original fw 1501 so that if I want to go back I can return to the old firmware
manparra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 9:58 AM   #48
SH

I think this is my first post but would like to say thanks to fishycomics for the firmware update. I actually had to wait for a bit so I could borrow a thumb usb card reader so I could do this, but it went without a hitch today! I succesfully went from 1203 to 1707.
I haven't tried using it a lot yet but basically appears ok. I recently took a vacation to Oregon so here's a pic from King Estates Winery. I like to do Photostitches too but they are pretty big files..
Attached Images

SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:13 AM   #49

SH,

That's a real nice picture!

MPVRr
MPVRr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:30 AM   #50
SH

Thnx

Just a little brightened and sharpened:-), you can see a little blur on the the right edge. I mostly use Roxio EZmedia Creat. 7.5 (Photosuite), I really like the photostitch app, (I have no other photostitch to compare it to) but heck it works..

ps, before the MPVR I had a Logitech Clicksmart 510 for quite a while. This was a welcome step up for me because I love the mp3 and better movie function. I have a pair of Sony MDR-V600 headphones and you should hear how frickin great (and loud)
mp3's are on this thing with these phones!

Sorry to take the thread off course for a bit:-)

SH is offline   Reply With Quote