Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:50 PM   #51

Hello fishy...

Will Aiptek be releasing an updated firmware soon? Just curious.
DiaperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 1:58 PM   #52

Sh you are welcomed.

Man let me tell you what a Picture are you sure that is rom the MPVR???:|

it sure looks professional.

Diaperdad. do you mean an update from the one I have? if that is what you mean . someone should call Aiptek and find out. I think I burnt my name on their bad list Lol

No I do not know of any newer software titles. I think they might have given up or shut me up by re writing the firmware for some of us. while the newer models are not known to the USA factory. possable ther will be for the optical one. A member does not want to release the Info about minipulations of the MPVR good stuff that is. b/c its not something oneshould do to the elf files. hope this helps out

anyone needing the update must not leave the email in here Please edit it out . I do check from.......... time to time and the green arrow misses a topic or two sometimes. ..................................thanks all FISHY
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:50 PM   #53

Hey Fishy asked me for a pic taken with my updated MPVR!

So here it is. A pic of "Cerro de la Silla" or "Saddle Mountain" here in Monterrey, Mexico.

It is not that good because it was taken through my window lol

Attached Images

manparra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:59 PM   #54

Manparra I was in mexico. but on a cruise Peurrta vertta , Cob sanlucas, and Mazalton (spell check )

And Wish I have visited you . that was an awesome Pic, have you tried using the supplied software

phot impression b/c again its awesome no flaws in it.

Old Apr 21, 2006, 1:26 PM   #55

my MPVR has the 1501 firmware and the minor issues that i have with it , is that the shutter is not as fast as i would like , i take a lot of pics while driving. also my MPVR will not go into sleep mode . the screen just stays on untill the battery runs out. from the manual i understand the screen is suposed to got into sleep mode after one minute of idle , not to be confused with auto shut off which the camera will go completely off, which works fine. would the 1701 firmware fix any of this ?
VitaminC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 3:04 PM   #56

camera will shut off if you set the function by going into the settings.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"now for a hybirnation, you just turn on the camera, and after intial start up you snap a pix, then close screen cover , the LCD will turn off,and 1 sec ond after that the Blue Power will turn off as well. This is concidered a auto shut off.

I have my camera set to 3 minutes and it does just the above mentioned.

"I also tried it on " the off mode ' it does the above mentioned

Now will thi fix any glitchs

the Firmware is for the three functions and may be an update to fix any glitcs you have.

1. you may reload the orginal and see if it repaires?

2 you may upload the upgrade , see if it repaires, improves.

3 if it does not repair, or improve you may reload back to the orginal.

"AIptek claimes it will not downgrade. if you upgrade. it does. I am not responsable for Aiptek firmware. Lets hope Our members onlie who have updatedwill have the answers for you , thank you Mod FISHY
Old Apr 21, 2006, 5:43 PM   #57

thanks for your response fishy.

hybernation is different from auto shut off. auto shut off works fine. i have it set to 3 minutes as well. from the manual troubleshooting section apendix "A" the screen is supposed to go off if no buttons are pressed within 1 minute of idle time and the phone is supposed to stay on (blue ligth). this feature is independent of auto shut off. this is a desirable feature since it sucks to have the screen on all the time while the phone is idle to take impromptu pictures so you dont have to boot up again.

Old Apr 21, 2006, 6:21 PM   #58

the aiptek 5300 has a hybirnation, not he MPVr
Old Apr 22, 2006, 2:12 PM   #59

i think it may have been a typo on the manual because its there. i have already updated the firmware to 1701 and i really like the diference. blur in motion pictures is greatly reduced and so is the lag from shutter press to actual picture being taken. gone is the orange recording warning when taking a picture, ill post some video soon.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 6:04 PM   #60

Vit . thank you for confirming the update. when I did this I never seen the difference.

I now have the latest , but rather see the orange record in the pic. if I have to upgrade I will. for now I am satasfied.