Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 28, 2005, 8:07 PM   #1

Updated 12-26-06

Aiptek.Inc has dodged the Firmware fix. and leaving all in the dust. Please contact for the fix thank you.

For dv6800 only not dv8800 or PVr

1707 firmwareavailable as of June 2009

default 1501 click me N/a, will load one day

you'll now need to contact a member , and or support team of Aiptek for Default no exceptions

VIdeo made of the firmware loading click to go to link

Please post in here why you want the firmware upgrade? and explain your problem

Aiptek Firmware update 6-21-06. 12-26-06

***for those of needing the firmware willNOW have to go to Aiptek support team at Aiptek.com for upgrades. thank you Mod FISHY

750 pm dec 29, 2005 plced my call to aiptek 1-949-585-9600 hit 0 for operator otherwise z...................................

As some members in here may not have the option to do so. This call will be about the aud/ vid synch, to find out the proper answer, rahter trying to guess the situation.

If you do have any questions about this problem you may email aiptek support center and they will get back to you in a order it is recieved.

Due to high volume it may take over 10 minutes or another fone call if you get disconnected.

1 the tech picked up as usual on the second phone call

Mod FISHY said " I am recording a video, and it is like a chinese movie , , it is a problem. what can be the fix?".

Raythe tech said: " it is the night shot if it is on that will cause the problem. let me check on that for you?".

Mod FISHY said: " one more question before you put me on hold, can it be the sd card as well ?

Ray said " no.

One minute Later the answer

Ray said: Let me have your email, you are not the only one with an issue, and we have firmware awaiting from tawian When it is recieved at our office . I'll let you know how to fix the problem

Mod FISHY: " thank you , last question any optical zoom, and the camera isperfect otherwise.

in the futurre...................................

Alright people if you do not call the telephone Number supplied I will be taking donations of any sort in Usc money thank you..................

Last edited by fishycomics; Jun 15, 2009 at 6:31 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:40 AM   #2

22 days later and I recieved a zip file with the Firmware update,

Firmware update

The firmware update will change the following:

Anti-red eye,

improved shutter speed,

enhanced web cam clarity.

You will need to follow the instructions Provided in my posts in order to get these functions.

you will need toPm me for the Yahoo account, obtain my login, password, and have acces to word, you will need to take responsability of your own actions, thank you. anyquestions Please as, Imay soon be a small fee for this newest update.

updated info if your MPVR comes with 2101 firmware. You may want to contact aiptek before attempting to load 1701 in a 2100 or higher unit, not responsable for actions taken.

The unit may not allow for a down grade in firmware.

Old Jan 6, 2006, 10:25 PM   #3

Great thread Fishy! Thanks for contacting them about this. Here's hoping that the firmware works, eh?

MPVRr
MPVRr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 2:24 PM   #4

Well lets start out by saying thank you, and I have finally got the firmware needed for anyone who owns a Aiptek mpvr.

Steps to finding the firmware you have. at first it may be hard to understand but a simple task after you acomplish it.

Step One have camera at hand, turn on camera and

1. hit the "MODE" button to display the features camera and go to "PLAYBACK" you must have playback displayed

2. hold the center "play" button on the screen, and the "MENUE button, , Press both of them at the same time, do not let go.. within 3-5 secs the words will display

My camera shows

FW 1203 upgraded to F/W 1707

HW 00upgraded to HW 00

this camera was Purchased on sept 2005.

Steps to loading software to the camera.........................

Not responsable for the action of the software.

step 1 take a sd card and Format it to fat Format by pc ( do not format the card to fat32 and do not use mmc card)

step 2 Copy attachment " V38main1501_upgrade.elf " to sd card

step 3 Insert the sd card to v38 and turn on the camera (hould say insert the sd card with the v38 software)

step 4 Press the " MODE " button to enter the Main meu window

step 5 press "MP# PLAY BUTTON (on the panel) and "RECORD" button together.... for 3 secs to start the F/W upgrade proceedure".

this will be showing the CAMERA as the main highlighted picture

step 6 The LED will glimmer for a few secs ( about 30 secs)( red dv/dsc light

Step 7 when the process is complete, the camera will turn off automatically. Follw the how to check firmware above to see if new software loaded

.................................................. .................................................. .......

1 Picture 1

Old Jan 24, 2006, 2:34 PM   #5

If you like to recieve the software Please Place you name here and I'll pm you with an account to retrieve it.

what firmware do you have? I have not tried it. I must

1. know what I have in the firmware

2. the 6800 f/w 6 meg and 8 meg

3.8800 f/w 8 meg

and what the orginal one is from aiptek. I emailed them if i do not hav the F/w info then it may just be a dulpicated mpvr file they have.

so good luck if you decide to try it out.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 2:45 PM   #6

1st post

Firmware...never had any new firmware with the 4500. How is that supposed to work anyway? How would it affect the camera? Usually all you get from Aiptek are newer camera drivers, which only change how Windows deals with it, and it doesn't change anything on the camera at all. :??

2nd post

Firmware...never had any new firmware with the 4500. How is that supposed to work anyway? How would it affect the camera? Usually all you get from Aiptek are newer camera drivers, which only change how Windows deals with it, and it doesn't change anything on the camera at all. :?

I'm a little hesitant simply because I have to format my SD card into FAT instead of FAT32. Can that damage the card in any way? ALSO, what is this firmware supposed to upgrade? :??

3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 2:48 PM   #7

3face;

talking to the Aiptek rep via phone call, and being updated. there will be some software and hardware modifications. hoping that you hold just more then the on button. possably the on and menure at the same time, till the MAIn OFFICE in Tawain conferms the release to the USA. we'll wait the answer, some may not follow through with the phone calls some may not have this problem , some may not see it as a problem, but at least I know one does not have a camera yet?????? again

update Aiptek USA will be notified last, first it is Tawain, second China. Uk, then USA. as told

I am hesitant as well. I do not know. this was for the aud and vid synch problem. so I bet it reloads the orginal content back to the camera and that may be why alot of 6800 acting as 8 meg?????
Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:07 PM   #8

F/W 1707 hw00

I just did the upgrade and Oh man I got a *megapixal camera YEs I am the MAN! Da Man Yippie

Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:18 PM   #9

I said i got a * meg vid was supposed to be 8 megapixals (joking) all fixed but what has the upgrade done hmmmm. can I go back to the old software hmmmm?
Old Jan 24, 2006, 5:16 PM   #10

ha ha ha thought i fool around with the firmware

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"i tried hitting the keys w/o the firmware and the camera will shut off then I thought I be a wise guy and try doing it with another key , well I see it will say "sd burn" lol gotto see it slower I well reburned the same software 4x already. and will leave it like that , I guess onece you move fward no stepping back. I know my vid can go fast foward and rewind noe Lol. but the vid/ aud is a fixation