Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 31, 2006, 5:14 PM   #11

the 520 does it have price or an be had? yes some old site said i will delete anything uver 200. so a hybrid can be not under 200.00 but quite expesive to start with in the hundreds? some old site users would remember wo stated that?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 9:22 PM   #12

The current Ebay sellers are all asking > US$200 for starting bids or Buy Now for the Digilife DDV-1000. Definately over the $200 limit.:sad:

One Canadian seller has a starting bid of US$180 or Buy Now of US$210 for an Ispan DDV-920, so a lucky bid might get you under the limit.:-)

BTW, Q of G seems to have run out of Ispan DDV-910's and is now selling Digilife DDV-7000's and DDV-V1's. Just saw a V1 go for US$141 (not including shipping).

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 11:09 PM   #13

The DV1000 is so tempting. Or should I wait for a 520. Or get the DDC-580. (give up video-in, mp3 and flip screen for small size and optical zoom).

I remember the Oriental New Year's holidays delaying the delivery of the S670 I bought last year.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:35 AM   #14

Hi sgspirit,

There's many more new products in the pipeline...with 8MP CCD interpolated to 12MP. 2.7" 16:9 LCD, 3" LCD, even a ddv1000 lookalike with 3Xoptical zoom. The only problem is no one cangive us a firm schedule of the new upcoming products

igadgetsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 10:39 PM   #15

Sounds good, and thanks for the info. The more "insider" info we can get, the better.

Btw, I can do without 8Mp sensors. I don't need still pictures that detailed. I'd rather have the improvements put into higher video resolution, lossless digital video zoom, optical zoom, low-light performance and video file format compatibility. Rather than larger LCD screens, we need ones that are visible in bright light. But I know we mere mortals have no influence on where the developers are going with these cameras.

Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:56 PM   #16

The eBay seller with DDV-1000's was asking $219 for them at first, then raised the price to $239 and $20 shipping. Didn't sell many. Now they're $199, but the shipping is $60. Odd.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 5:52 AM   #17

yeah, for low light performance, you need to consider the ccd model. For example, under the same poor lighting, the ddv-1000 is much better than the ddv-m1 even though both have similiar specs except the formerhas a 5MPccd sensor and the latter a 5 MP CMOS sensor. I have tried both and there is a world of difference between the 2 - much clearer and the video is not grainy under poor lighting (unfortunately, the price is different too :-))

as for ebay, i noticed a lot of "creative" costing - what is important is to look at the total landed cost. I have seen 512MB Kingston SD cards with buy it now prices such as US$15 which is way below our cost, until I realised theirshipping costis US$40 for a very small product with a typical cost of approximately US$30.

igadgetsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 6:37 AM   #18

Due to the rules some posts were deleted. please conduit personal issues in your pm's example email addresses, and other such matter.

If this persists deletion of topics will be made

If you have an email address posted up and like that removed , due to you not having an edit feature please direct me to the thread,post and page thank you

Moderator FISHYCOMICS
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote