Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 30, 2006, 1:11 PM   #1

Hi All, I am new to this forum. I ordered the MPVR from AIPTEK and it was delivered to me in Saudi Arabia this afternoon. To be honest I was somewhat afraid of what I would experience after reading what some members here had to say. What is more I dont have the option to return it for a refund- too problematic at this distance. It came with the usual accessories such as charger and cables. The free additions included an additional battery, tripod and remote control , a soft case, photo paper and some sort of DOLL ! I ordered an AC-Adaptor seperately for 10 dollars - total 199.99 +9.99.

Anyway I went through all the steps of installation, battery charging, etc. (My PC is a pentium 2 at 400MHz and 196MB RAM- quite slow).

The camera was recognized rightaway, the software offered to download the photos and a short movie clip from the MPVR.

The video was quite good, and so were the stills- all taken in a combination of floruoscent and incandascent light. The display on the LCD screen is good.

I am quite happy that it turned out well.The only thing that was'nt well thought out seems to be that when you fix the tripod you cant open or shut the LCD Screen properly- but that OK.

I think a lot of people expect the performance of a high end camera in the MPVR- These folks will be dissapointed and therefore very critical of this little gadget.
gopiqpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2006, 1:25 PM   #2

gopigpp you are quite right the tripod you have to open up the lcd first. but not close it up fast. if forced it will close not a good thing............

Congrads on the camera. and hope you enjoy all the uses you get out of it. I hear you have some parts of the land that is very beuitiful fo filming , so get some sample vids up or pics and happy snapping...............

Some had have bad comments but got over it.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 3:16 PM   #3

Thanks, Fishycomics. In this country all Media Streaming sites such as putfile.com are banned - cant access them. So is there any otherway I can post vids?
gopiqpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 3:47 PM   #4

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

youtube may be a start if not try the link I posted.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote