Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:45 AM   #1

Hey Guys... Anyone with a Digilife DD7000 ever tried to use a 1GB SD memory card - the specs say "up to 512MB", but I'm wondering if anyone has been brave enough to try something bigger?
And if anyone has any advice on this camera this would be great - paid for it today and should get it in ± 2 weeks.
suzzbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:52 AM   #2

Hey, sorry if this comes up twice - I posted it and it isn't there...

Anyone know if you can use a 1GB SD memory card - the specs say "up to 512MB", but I'm wondering if anyone has been brave enough to try something bigger?

And any other advice on the camera (Digilife DDV 7000) would really be appreciated! Thanks!

Old Feb 1, 2006, 5:08 PM   #3

the answer to most hybrids sd double size capacity is;

1 will work, but curuption files after 512.

2 mAY CRASH the camera and need to reboot.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 11:10 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum, suzzbuzz!

If you search this forum for DDV-720 and DDV-7000 (same camera), there is quite a bit of stuff posted about it. Maybe more than you have the patience to read.

I've never used a 1Gb sd card in my 720, but I think people have tried it and it works.

sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:32 AM   #5

Thanks guys!!!!

I've decided to stick with 512MB for now - I've been looking at the card below - please could you tell me if it will work with my Digilife DDV7000?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

Its an ATP card...

Technical data

• Capacities: 32MB to 2GB [/*]
  • Connector Pin: 9 Pins [/*]
  • Durability: Waterproof; Dust Proof; ESD Proof; Withstands Extreme Temperatures; [/*]
  • Electrical characteristics: Supply voltage SD: 2.7V-3.6V Low Power Consumption (<50mA)Clock speed: 25Mhz max. [/*]
  • EnvironmentalCharacteristics: Operating Temp: -25C to 85C; Storage Temp: -40C to 85C; Humidity: 8 - 95 percent non-condensing; Vibration: 15Gs peak-to-peak; MaxShock: 1000G [/*]
  • Reliability: MTBF (mean time between failures): 1,000,000 hours; Number of insertions: 20,000 minimum; Data retention: 10 years; Endurance: >100,000 cycles (read, write and erase) [/*]
  • Physical characteristics: Protected Switch: yes; Length:32mm; Width: 24mm; Thickness: 2.1mm; Weight: 2 g max [/*]
  • Warranty: 5 Year Limited[/*]
Old Feb 2, 2006, 8:24 AM   #6

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92
Quote:
hello

I finally got a digilife dv7000 and am using a 1gb PQI sd card (45x) and things are quite smooth. I am very much satisfied with it but has a few questions:

1. Where in the heck will i find a driver for this device online if ever i lost the cd? Can anyone tell where to find one or email me the driver?

2. I have copied pics and videos (.jpg and .avi format) from the pc onto the cam so i cound view them in the cam (and view them in any tv set) but none of them were recognized by the device. Is there a software i could use to convert them to files that dv 7000/720 can read?

3. Any problems/bugs about using the cam (like using a 1gb sd card) i should know about?

Thanks a lot guys!
This forum rules!
reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:45 AM   #7

i suggest getting a kingston sd card since they come with lifetime warranty. i have seen sd cards working fine for a few months and then becomes unreadable, so lifetime warranty is a big plus factor
igadgetsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 8:55 AM   #8

Thanks igadgetsap!! Funnily enough, I've just put through an order for a Kingston... 512MB - not brave enough to try the 1GB - I got an email from Digilife support:

"The DDV-7000 camcorder SD/MMC Card Slot Support, can be expanded up to 512MB.
That means 1Gb will not fuction."

So I'd rather not chance spending the extra money for it and have all my files corrupted and have to then go and spend more on a 512.

Thanks for everyones help!