Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:55 PM   #1

Hello again, thank you for the responses to my last post. I purchased the Aiptek MPVR 2K6. I now have a question about the illusive webcam feature.

Here's what is happening:

I turn the camera on, then plug it into the USB port of the computer. I then press MENU on the camera and a screen comes on the camera that says:

PC- CAMERA - DISC

I just leave it on CAMERA and then a window pops up on my computer (I have XP) that says:

DV 6800 (STILL)-
Device connected
Select the program to launch for this action

There are a list of programs in the window that are on my computer, mostly photo editing type software on the list. So, it seems it is recognized as a still/webcam but what do I do next? I would like to be able to use it with Yahoo! Messenger but Yahoo! doesn't recognize it as a webcam. Any suggestions? :?
smigster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 1, 2006, 8:41 PM   #2

Hi smigster,

1. did you install the PMP DV, try running it as a pc camera.
2. if it runs on pmp dv, the mvpr should appear in the yahoo messenger preferences under web
3. menu once connected to the usb, did you select "camera" and press the wheel button or was it the right button.
reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 10:02 PM   #3

Thanks reiluke. Okay, I came back after dinner and played with it a bit more. For some reason Yahoo! Messenger wasn't recognizing it and now it's fine! Evidently the camera is fine it's just Yahoo!'s program that's a little buggy. :? Well this is really great. Now I don't have to go out and buy all these different gadgets!
Old Feb 2, 2006, 3:32 AM   #4

Smig............Welcome aboard it is not yahoo , I also found it hard Since you got it working I'll direct you to the firmware thread in there i believe I explained how to get it working. from memory

1 you must reload the software from scratch remove it off the pc and do over.

2 load software pmp dv driver do not reload the extras they can be left alone.

3 have camera plugged in, and you must see the new hardware load. look to se if dv6800 vid, dv6800 stil and dv6800 voice all load up you will also see two mass drives load as well. in order to continue you then hit the menue and then choose camera with the nav mouse on the camera, go to yahoo. my web cam. prefrences camera setting choose down off the list the camera dv6800

more then once is needed to o this in yahoo. if by the third time something did not take and restart pc, try again, if not make sure al 3 devices come up and two drives (only one wil display if sd is in or out)

hope that helps out.

Reil........ did a nice job helping you get it going.......
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 1:47 PM   #5

Hi there fishycomics

I got it to working just fine thank you. I don't want to load any firmware or anything like that because it might mess the camera up. Too much work for me!:lol: Everything is fine now. I forgot to mention that it was working with XP's scanner & camera wizard but not Yahoo, so it was definitely Yahoo. But thank you! Now I'm going to go figure out how to configure my firewall/router to get Yahoo! "SuperWebcam mode" to work! :O :?
Old Feb 2, 2006, 4:46 PM   #6

Smigster that post was just to get the webcam working not the firmware. sorry you missread it.

glad all works well.

yahoo should load up very easy. best bet is to reload yahoo see if it helps.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote