Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:37 PM   #1

Hi,

For those of you with a DDV-1000, can you test if I have found a bug, or if my DDV-1000 is broken? When using theAV-IN function of the DDV-1000, it is only recording mono sound thru the white rca jack. No audio is recorded over the red plug, so no stereo sound. I tested the cable, so I know that's not the problem.

My DDV-M1recorded stereo thru the AV-IN portjust fine, but I returned it because of the dark and noisy picture it produces from it's CMOS imager.

Thanks,

Bob C
bobbyc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:59 PM   #2

I don't have one, so I can only speculate.

I don't see how you could have two-channel stero sound plus video, with two rca jacks.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 12:52 AM   #3

The cable it comes with breaksout to yellow (video), white, and red.

Bob C
Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:45 AM   #4

bobby c excellent question I am also not a owner

1. therca din of the stereo single plug it has how many separations 1 for vid, 1 for rca white, 1 for rca red, and ground should be for correct. (3,4)

2 at the tv side is the tv or source plugged into a left and right side?

last simple question

try using a stereo or audio source separate from the tv a dvd player should do. but I would play something on the white cable a song and a different song on the red cable, and something on the vid

this ould conclude you either have a defect or the camera only records mono, in but

the ultimate test is does it use the same plug to av out? no I bet if it does does it play out both left right side ob a stereo song?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 1:00 PM   #5

Hi,
Yes the cable has the seperations. I tested it and it works just fine on the TV-output on the DDV-1000. My tv gets stereo sound from the DDV-1000.

I shined a flashlight into the AV-IN and TV-output jacks. There seems to be no copper contact at the bottom of the AV-IN jack; but there is on the TV-output jack.

It doesn't make sense that digilife would give the DDV-M1 stereo AV-IN, but not the DDV-1000.
Bob C
Old Feb 4, 2006, 1:07 PM   #6

its funnythat they are just about the same model but upgrades.

like the 6800 8800 we think software (firmware) can modify it to 8 meg but I bet there are tweaking involved?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 1:28 PM   #7

I have a 6800 and what I did was buy a female to dual male RCA plug and connected my white MONO plug to it and plugged it into both the red and white plugs. I get Stereo sound now when reviewing, but not TRUE stereo I don't think. When I record I only hear mono via AV-IN. Strange. Maybe the DDV-1000 is built around the 6800 and can't truly record in Stereo sound? Not sure though.
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:04 PM   #8

bobbyc,

i believe you might have a defective unit as i tested the ddv-1000 and it records the tv prgram in stereo. and the video is very clear as well, it seemed clearer than the M1 but that's probably just me :lol:

each time you plug in the av terminals to the tv, the ddv-1000 will prompt you if you wish to record in stereo or mono - did you see this prompt and did you select stereo?

sorry to have to ask the obvious but if you did see the prompt and selected stereo, then its highly possible you need to send back your unit.

cheers
igadgetsgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2006, 4:13 PM   #9

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes I think it is defective, because it does ask if I want to record in stereo. Looking into the AV-IN jack, the copper contact is missing at the bottom of the jack.

My DDV-1000 is the black and silver version. Could you shine a flashlight into the DDV-1000 units that you have and just confirm that you see the copper contact at the bottom of the AV-!N port?

Thanks,

Bob C
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:50 PM   #10

bobbyc03 wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

It doesn't make sense that digilife would give the DDV-M1 stereo AV-IN, but not the DDV-1000.
Bob C
Ok, I agree the three cables should allow stereo sound. But if it doesn't, I'm not surprised after finding the North American DDV-V1's had mono mp3 players, while the European ones had stero. Strange (and disappointing)
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote