Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:43 PM   #1

Iam trying to set up a bulletcam on a motorbike, tofilm 10 hours per day for 10 days at a time. some of the roads are very bumpy,To video athighspeed, Ineed a flashdrive really, does anyone know of a flashwith a hugh memory. I don't have room for a laptop, but need a screen to set the camera up and to play back and delete any bad video in the hotel, then when I get home I will have time to edit the vid properly. I have done lots of research on pvp's pda's portable harddrives, the closest is the archos (which does not like bikes and keeps crashing, ( so does the ipod) ,or the jvc cam, not sure how microdrive would cope and I would need lots of cards. So far I can't find a good system to cope with the harsh vibration and bumps,or have a big enough memory and fairly compact. if anyone can crack that I will be chuffed.!
yamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:56 PM   #2

Yamman. sounds like you need some serious info. let me direct you t oa person, he just had a bab, and maybe he may have some time to answer your questions on a system. he rides a bike as well.

his name is majic -rat on windows movie maker forum

here is a link to hus topic try to contact hinm there

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Fo...x?PostID=40579

we are not a home movie camcorder site yet , but these questions are welcomed and never shut out.

the hybrids have a stabilizer but not of a camcorder base. electronics. hopw the info I provided will help out even the site is excellent for editing questions
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:35 AM   #3

hi fishycmics; thanks for the info I am trying to contact your source, meanwhile Im still exploring some alternatives with mini hard drives but am worried the harddrives will suffer from vibration unless they have shock load protction and memory buffering. thanks
yamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:44 PM   #4

I agree on that. i was just looking at the everio by Jvc sweet. but plastic looking

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote