Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:01 PM   #1

this is a 17 x13 plus pic,at 1 meg.

the second is 32x28 6 meg. The difference on these shots will be hard to tell, one has a motion shot of a seagul, the other a person walking.
Both also have motion to the side as well a parkway (moving trafic).

the scenerio, a very sunny day and a clear sky at that as well, very blue.

the camera does snap an excelent pic, and as well promised a portrait shot

40x30 6 meg portrait. shot, the shot is just a tab blurred with motion, and could have been adjusted due to my actions.. and was enhanced for sharpness with phot impressions.

1, Understanding the situations of the shot or shots Picture 1. stand still, propper stance and hold arm firm against body with opposite arm, do not move the camera to the subject but keep concetrated on the main picture , the bridge, and just that, the seagul works in perfectly to the shot. snap shutte and do not move until 3 secs before and after a t count of 10 secs

2. Pic 2 even though I had the chance for a perfect no person shot, I did not mind at all, taken a oerfect stance and holding my arm to my body, same as above proceedures

3. due to my mistake I moved just a tab before the 10 second rule. and I got blurr , but take note, the shot is indoors and the lighting is perfect, not a low light or dark shot at all.

Now one must say is this true just take a look at the video the video, holds true, but I sometiles worry why it is not a perfect crisp shot. possablr too much light andthere may be again a tab of adjustment in thee , you may notice it getting a tab lighter.

Vid link http://media.putfile.com/CLIP010945

My question of concern or inteerest.

a 640x480 vid, grabbing a frame out of the video would be the same as a 1 meg still shot? possablrly off by a few kb? Would a higher res, 720x540 res video be a better camera , I think so, if that shot cannot be grabbed a better chance to edit and print off a vid?

As a member asked for a portrait shot, I hope th flesh and tones are there for you.

As moderator, this will be left for viewing till I feel needed to remove.

thank you Mod FISHY

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:11 PM   #2

Thanks for the samples. They tell a lot. What exactly do you mean by the 10 second rule? That must take a lot of patience. :|
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 2:02 PM   #3

10 sec rule . you choose your picture you want to take. when you are ready to snap. counting in your mind and being still no movement. 1,2,3 shutter,4,5,6 the click,7,8,9 ,10

that is explained thesimplest way. if you move under the 10 secs you'll get some blurr or not.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 9:05 PM   #4

Were these taken after you upgrade your firmware to 1707?
DiaperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 2:04 AM   #5

no Diaper dad, my problem lied wit firmware and never corrected my problem of vid aud synch issues . I returnedmy camera and recieved a new one via swapping out at the store. I do have a very minor issue when opening my screen i hear the tft ribbon cable Lol I enhanced the portrait due to movement. and sharpened

the bridge shot I was sure I was steady.

again nofirmware needed for me after swapping i seen no improvement in my eyes