Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 20, 2006, 5:35 PM   #1

I found these new listings on amazon.com for the Aiptek Zoom DV (looks like a fancy MPVR) and an IS-DV2!!! They aren't availableuntil Apriland the information about them is next to none. I was wondering if any of you have heard of them yet, and more importantly, do you know where to find specifications about them?

Exciting!:-)
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2006, 6:44 PM   #2

Amazon is not a true seller the Aiptek does not yet have a 3x optical zoom, but by the looks of these two models the mpvr looks like a 8 meg dv8800 and the dv2 may be the 1st 3x optical zoom camera but i imagine its a 6 megapixal 8x zoom digital

See larger image

td.productLabel { font-weight: bold; text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; vertical-align: top; padding-right: 5px; }
table.product { border: 0px; padding: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; }

Price:
$119.99[/b] & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. See details
Availability: This item will be released on April 10, 2006. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Aiptek Zoom DV Digital Media Recorder, Player & Camcorder

$199.99
1 Used & new from $199.99
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 5:38 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply. You can find these cameras on a couple sites for pre-ordering. USA Aiptek website mentions nothing yet. I checked out some international Aiptek websites and it does appear that the Zoom DV is the MPVR 8800. I've been waiting forever and ever for my birthday to get the MPVR 6800, but now I wonder if I should hold on for the Zoom to be released for a little bit better censor. I don't know if my patience can hold out, I'm soooooo excited to get a camera already! Especially after looking at everyone's comments and samples here! Would you wait or cave in for the 3 Megapixel version? Oh the torture!!! Another month anda half of pure torturous waiting!!!:?
Old Feb 22, 2006, 3:36 AM   #4

I am waiting as well, Aiptek wil post the release when the true camera arrives? they said the 8800 is a test overseas. if it passes it will arrive in the Usa.

The question is it was all silvr, now why the silver and black? the dv2 is an updated version of the older one, too many flaws or defects , or need to change style one of those can be true. not saying its defective? when they start to change style means they need to grab attention?

Want attention Push for an optical zoom
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:11 PM   #5

So do you think the Zoom DV is a 5 megapixel like the 8800 or just a different style of the mpvr? If I don't get a camera in my hands soon I'll go nuts!!!:?
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:43 PM   #6

Oh, Fishy, never mind my above post. I went to amazon again today and now they have actual specs about the camera. It is not an 8800. It is 3 Megapixel CMOS interpolated to 6 Meg. The only upgrade about it that I see is that like you've been waiting for it has 3 X OPTICAL ZOOM! But now they've pushed back the release to a whopping May 30th, 2006.

I can't wait that long, I'm caving into the MPVR. Optical zoom would be a bonus but really the only thing that was important to me was the possibility of higher megapixel censor. I'm disappointed!

Old Feb 28, 2006, 3:21 AM   #7

no optical, repeat after me no oprical. no opticl no optical no optical

Aiptek would not let Amazon publish this. so I am going to call up and ask if I remember

the style change is due to corrections of the mpvr. they change style of the cam so when the cam poops out no sitch and bate they are learning.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 7:29 PM   #8

Oh, so amazon is blowing smoke? That's not nice of them! So let me get this straight once and for all... the Zoom DV does NOT have optical zoom and also is NOT a 5 megapixel like the 8800? So it's just a prettier MPVR? Then the original MPVR is a better deal!
Old Feb 28, 2006, 7:41 PM   #9

amazon is not Aiptek. when Aiptek tells us its out then I believe Aiptek.

want to buy the brooklyn bridg for $1.00

my paypal account address is .............................

Sorry until I find out or you find out let me know when you order

no sarcasm at all. if you notice the mpvr or 53f the other fancy number they give the mpvr there it states 3x optica.?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:09 PM   #10

There's a number on the Zoom DV pic, right above the LCD hinge and left of the Aiptek logo and it looks like a 3 followed by an O. I think it says 3x Optical :O
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote