Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:38 AM   #21

Yeah,

if i could find a good deal in canada i'd try out a 2gb card.

I found a nice price match deal at bestbuy that i'm going to try out today. I can get standard kingston 1gb SD for about $52CDN including tax. not too bad.

for all you guys who just say, two SD cards, do you find it a hassal to switch between cards, or wouldn't you prefer once 2gb card?
aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:57 AM   #22

I have about 6 sd cards

1 gig

4 512's

128 hmm something like that

now if i were to shoot vid for a vacation I would switch out and lable my take.

when I owned and still do my olympus I had to wait forever for the files to load u. so a smaller one may do
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 5:32 PM   #23

Hi,

The brand of my Sd card is standard Kingston.

Too bad that i bought that on the internet. This is what i intend to do: when the stores are open ( because this Sunday, Monday and tuesday in México are "no labor" days) I will go to stores and talk to the supervisors and i´ll try to make a deal, exchange my Sd card for some high speed A-data or Sandisk and pay them the difference.

I really hope that the Sd card could be the problem, because if my camera were deffective i dont know what would i do. It cost me alot of money bring this camera to Mexico ( 90 USD shipping + 50 USD customs) and would cost me alot more to make effective the warranty.

The kind of problem that i suffer with my camera ( only record for about 8 mins and then freeze). Does anybody hear something like that before with other cameras. Or it could be only the incompability between the ddv-920 and the 2 Gb Sd card Kingston?

John

JOHN-G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 5:41 PM   #24

1. did the instruction or camera say it can accept a 2 gig card?

2 members may say it can while the company claims it can handle XX amount of mb.

I have had an hanshing and when I loaded up a sandisk 256k it played fine but when ichanged to a 512 it crashed like the problem you are having.

I used a data and kingston it worked till it crashed again, so it was in the firmware or camera itself.

i would try my best to get a new one and find way to work out the details.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 5:50 PM   #25

Hi fishycomics,

The manual said that it accepts 2 Gb sd cards, and when you load it, it seems to recognize the card. but when you try to record it crash down after 8 mins of video.

I will try to buy another brand of sd card and see what happens.

i´ll let you know.

John
JOHN-G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 1:34 AM   #26

Just a thought,

even if these 2gb cards end up working... would the batteries even last long enough to fill up the card?

if anyone is interested, you can get 2gb sandisk ultra II 's at Costco.ca for 105 CDN. a few bucks less if you buy in-store.

aijuswannasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 2:43 AM   #27

the mpvr will record 48 minutes vga highest quality on a 1 gig

on a 2 gig it wil record 1 1/2 hours give or take, and that is ablout the limit of the battery.