Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 26, 2006, 8:22 AM   #1

a sandisk standard 2 gig card is on sale after instant and mail in rebate (20.00) 79.99 that is dirt cheap they claim it isa new item out in the stores. I shall hold of just a little longer for it.

2 gig is excellent it will complete my mpvr 48 min x 2 96 minutes of vid time that would just about be a full battery wit hthe card

and 3 hours low res.

On another note and off topic a mp3 player with win media player by samsung @512 do not know if it is internal memory or external. with a tft screen up to 10 hours playback

mp3, and vid around 129-10.00 drop price to 119.00 sounds good

An adition a sony camcorder new to the stores is on salee 279. and499. excellent grabs

they released new products and hope to see some hybrids pop up soon. springtime is great for sales.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2006, 7:03 PM   #2

Ok, I'll bite. WHERE?

Xphyle
xphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 2:58 AM   #3

your local stores . i found the ad in bestbuy
Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:35 PM   #4

that would be a great price...if the card speed is fast (60x +). If not, I dont want it. I guess you could say I'm too impatient to be cheap well at least when it comes to flash cards lol:G(hmm does that make sense...dunno but its stayin :?)

SO, what speeeeed is it?
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 4:57 PM   #5

3fae its from best buy they really do not say on the ad, but for me its worth every penny I have no problems with the ones I bought b4. all for digital cameras even the staples guy was amazed when i got the 1 gig
Old Feb 28, 2006, 7:27 PM   #6

Hi,

Yesterday i recieved my ddv-920 and i want to buy a Sd card. But i have one question. I live in Mexico and some sellers offer me a very cheap kingston Sd card but they are regular sd card not high speed. Myquestion is, if i buy a regularkingston Sd card will it worksproperly with my cam, or i truly need a 60x card.

I intend to tape in maximun quality 640*480/ 30fps 1.8 mb/sec. Could a regular kingston Sd card handled it?

Thanks,

John
JOHN-G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:43 AM   #7

do you believe everything you read on the net? ask yourself that?

If 3face told you 60x is needed He is recommending you to keep to a higher card forfaster , and correct camera speed

If you read carefully the pkg

the sd cards are made for the digital camera and I have no problems at all a regular speed. 10 sec format time ofa full card

zip on the pc monitor. the info

and upload cannot see the file open. if its a long file I seea few secs never said 1 sec for 1 meg I seee the file open

how can i tell the speeed of my card? if that I can I will let you know?

but any card will work

but be warnedsome hybrids are picky?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 8:39 AM   #8

Hi fishycomics,

Thanks for the answer, then i will buy a regular Kingston 2 Gb sd card.

Look, this are the prices of Sd card´s here in Mexico.

1 Gb sd card regular Kingston: 80 USD.
2 Gb sd card high speed 60x A-data: 150 USD.

But here is the offer that i found in mercadolibre.com.mx :

2 Gb sd card regular kingston for only 80 USD with shipping

So, it looks like the speed isnt that important to me if im going to pay only the half of the money.

John.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 1:04 PM   #9

It's not the CAMERA that requires the higher speed, it's YOU lol

At 1.8MBPS you really only need a 15x (2.2MBPS)card. BUT, if you fill up a 1 gb or 2 gb card and want to TRANSFER that data onto your computer or load data onto the card, it will take longer than if you had a high speed card. At 60x it takes ~6 minutes to fully load/unload 1GB of data. At 15x the amount of time increases 4x. So your looking at 24 minutes + of waiting for the lower speed cards. Not so bad...if you're a patient person :-)
3FaCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 1:18 PM   #10

Hi 3face,

Im aware that a regular Sd card will take 4x the time to transfer the files to the cpu.
Im not a patient person nor a rich person:-?. So, i guess ill have to wait all those extra minutes because the 2 Gb Kingston sd card that i bought only cost me $80 USD with shipping. (it will arrive in 2 days)

But my question is:

The ddv-920 in high quality has a transfer of 1.8mb/sec and the Kingston Sd card can write at 1.5 mb/sec. would the camera crash down or would it work fine?

Thanks,
John