Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 26, 2006, 2:32 PM   #1

Hi to everyone!

Please i'd like to know if the Digilife ddv 1000and theispan ddv 920 are really the same digicam or there are some differences, also small ones.

I need to know it because i've heard that a lot of people find the Digilife ddv 1000 a very good camera and they are satisfied with it, so i decided to buy it but i found only a ispan ddv 920 and befoure buying it i want to be shure that they are exactly the same especially in the low light performances and in the quality of videos and pics.

Can also someone tell me if the image stabilizer works well? And in wich conditions?

Thank you very much!!!
streetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2006, 2:44 PM   #2

Street welcome Please one post will get you all the answers you need. no sweat.

1 you are almost ready to purchase, not owning one yet?

2. the difference in quality of the cameras ability?

digilife, ispan, aiptek are all under one umbrella, and lets not forget the mustek a little higher up on the chopping block, as well as crreative labs.

A pc camcorder will do wonders, but have limits. low light situations

A. low light, and light on subject will film perfect.

B. low light , no light on subject will lead to grain and no filming

C. throwing a 60 watt incad. light bulb priceless

D. flourecent . not so great.

E. white light limited like D.

quality cmos has ups and downs, ccd has ups and downs recommend a ccd over cmos, but preferre to not worry over this at all.

Zoom is al digital, and no optical on the market for most , never said all the c4,5,6 sanyo/fisher , way to high

they all film excellent some crisper then others

flash are way improved since 2004 no more small 1/8x 1/4 size flashlite. will get a whopping 15 throw even though al flashs are in the range of 8 feet. a white background works well, a black is limited to absorbing light.

hope all your questons were answered, and hop our members who own these will come foward

there is a great deal on one in here. up to you to find it 100.00 usc shipped
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 4:14 PM   #3

Dear Fishy,

Thank you for your answer.

I'm sorry, but i'm not english (as you probably can guess from my not perfect english in writing) so sometimes i don't understand some expressions. For example, what do you mean with "lets not forget the mustek a little higher up on the chopping block"? Does it mean that mustek is better or worse than the others? And also what do you mean saying "throwing a 60 watt incad. light bulb priceless"?

Anyway, so doyou say that the Digilife ddv 1000and theispan ddv 920are exactly the same product exept for the brand? Do they work the same way in low light (e.g. i've heard that digilife ddv 1000 work really better than ispan ddv 910, does ispan920 work as good as digilife1000?)?

A last question: does the image stabilizer works well? is it digital or optical?

Thank yuo very much again!!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 6:39 PM   #4

Street you are perfect

1. the Mustek has different features that may lead it to be a better camera in different ways. like elapse picture taking. and sports mode.

2 using a 60 eat bulb incadecent is candel power illuminated 60 times throws a light that allows you to film in the dark if you look into the topics there are vids of me hilding a light and my camera.

3 digilife ispan aiptek are all the same cameras interior no diffeer than the other may have software enhancements.

4 no optical is made yet for any of the hybrids unles you want a sanyo c4.5.6 c40 model by sanyo/fisher

5 stabilizer you are correct ileft that out it is like a gyro but the only way to tell if it is working is to use it and you must be zoomed on a subject and to zoom is bad bad bad you loose the pixalation. digital zoom sux. but in my vids you'll see the aiptek Is-DV car ride if its there al stabilized I think it works when neccessary.

when I talk about vids they can be located in the upload video center, i I talk about some vids they are located from page 1-10 wow so many pages

hope thisclears some stuff up

best answers are from the actual users

so my guesses are just based on what I own and hear sorry.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:06 PM   #5

The stabilization is digital, not optical. I don't use it as it seems to introduce jerkyness during panning.

I can't verify the 920 works as well as the 1000 in low light... I only have the 1000.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 12:52 AM   #6

I don't have either the 1000 or the 920, but in my opinion it's the same camera.

Confirmed that these cameras use a digital image stabilization. It costs a little resolution because it uses part of the screen to "center" the video. Thus, it acts like a partial zoom, and this isn't apparent on the built-in screen when you take clips.

If you do a lot of static stuff, or even a tripod, it's better not to use the image stabilization. But I do a lot of videoing while walking, skiing, driving, cycling etc. and I find the stabilization essential to get usable clips in those circumstances. Or if you're exercising hard, your hands aren't as steady as if you were not working hard.

Yes, it "sticks" when you start panning, because it resists what it is interpreting as camera shake. But if you keep it moving steadily and smoothly while panning, it will clue in and allow the panning. I don't get jerkiness while panning with stabilization on, and that's the only explanation I can think of.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 4:00 AM   #7

Thank you very much to all of you!!!

Now i have more clear ideas.

Thank you