Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 26, 2006, 4:11 PM   #1
NX3

Anyone found one online ? I'm on holiday using the camera but want to look a few things up.

Or does anyone know how long it takes to fully charge via usb connection only ? I#m only getting a small charge leaving it over night :-(
NX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2006, 4:35 PM   #2

1. check your laptop setting s you may be on energy saving? let one who owns this truely answer the questions

3.5 hours is the max for a full charge on a 3.6-3.7li-on charge possable 2. hours if not fully drained.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:30 PM   #3
NX3

hey fishy,
Good point on the power saving, I'll double check and change settings. Only getting about 30 mins which I know isn't right. Its only 3rd time ive used the cam and using full power charger lasted several hours. Anyway cam is great and working in pretty cold conditions no problems :-)
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:52 PM   #4

I believe the USB interfaceonly puts [email protected] 5Vwhere the AC adapter outputs 2A @ 5V, so its going to take longer using USB.:-)
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:05 AM   #5
NX3

USB full power overnight didnt make much difference. I guess your right about the power adapter v usb power :-\ Wish I had a power adapter with me. Might see if anyone has a Nokia phone to charge the battery in fully. I'm never going to find the right power adapter here in a ski resort :-(
Old Feb 27, 2006, 2:13 PM   #6

ah this will lead to a great discussion.

how can one charge a battery w/o the correct charger?

if you have a phone charger. that should do the rick, but you must be careful . you will need wire like paper clips or what you can come up with.

choosing the correct color wires you are good for a recharge

Do not hold me true to this its a excellent test to do, by that time your trip is over sorry

I luv my mustek 2aa are easy to be had, recharge ,etc over li-on batts

I was on a trip. a cruise and the ground faces up, i had a 4aa bat system camera , and well you guessed it my charger would not fit correctly b/c of a desk bolted down and the outlet being at the desks height (lol)

to make a long story short the polarity plug, I managed to force the plastic to spread and I got my cameras batts charging lol

I now carry an extention cord on me for my trips , if I go anywhere so i do not run into a situation like that again.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 3:52 PM   #7
NX3

If yourever in Whistler (Canada) and stuck, goto the market place and find the electronic shop. They charge (no pun intended) $5 Canadian to re-charge, a real life saver for me it turns out. Or $60 canadian for your own new charger.

I'll post some more in the main thread about the camera now I've used it for a week or so (in summary its good)
Old Mar 5, 2006, 4:33 PM   #8

great work,Nx.........

that is great news enjoy your vacation time.