Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:47 AM   #1

I have Questions about the Aiptek DV6800 (MPVR)
1. I'tried to find out if the Aiptek DV6800 (MPVR) does have autofocus or just fixed focus with some manual adjustments. The user manual/specifications are not clear about this.
2. The same question about the exposure: is it automatic during filming?
3. what is the range of shutter speeds?
4. does it have USB2.0?

The Mustek DV12M seems to have it, but there is no datasheet available

Also the Yakumo SD482 has it, but the lens is less bright (f3 -8) and cards only till 512 MB

Who helps me out???
Thanks in advance!
Wladimir Trabsky, Netherlands

wladimirT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:54 AM   #2

a bigwelcome

1 fixed lens says it right there in the manual. onsite and machro from 2 feet closest to ~ furthest 10 feet is perect on any shot an further is like a point and shoot desposable.

2 auto. and then if you like you have the choice of 5 settings sunny, cloudy, tugsten, flourecent. incadecent auto determines the best situation.

3 its an avr; shutter speed its in the specs will look up later , firmware increases it

4. yes usb cababilities of that nature

go to Mustek usa site, and go to aiptek us site they have specs with al the info.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 4:43 AM   #3

Thank you very much for a quick reply, mr Fishycomics.

Of course, now I have two more questions:

1. The LCD-screen of the Aiptek 8900 can be swiveled flat against the camara with screen outside, so that you can watch videao's as if it were a PMP-divice; compact, thus. (accordingly to the pictures on the website)

Q: Can the 6800 0r 8800 also do this trick?

2. I have a lot of video's in avi.format (converted with the Pocket-divX software).
Q: Does the Aiptek (ASF) 6800-8900 also play this back? or must the files be re-converted with the software to .avi?

Thank you again for reply !!

Wladimir Trabsky, The Netherlands
wladimirT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:03 AM   #4

Regarding expoure: It's automatic. The settings Fishy described above are for white balance, not exposure. You do have some control over the exposure settings, but only to bias the automatics. That is, you can make the exposure darker or lighter, but it will still vary based on the subject. It isn't really manual exposure, more like semi-automatic.

The screen can be turned around and laid flat against the body as you described.

The files you described would have to be converted to .asf before they could be played on the camera.

Grim
Grimbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 2:27 PM   #5

Grim thank you all credits to Grim

as grim corrected me i did not have tea in me the Ep levels are in icrements of

. . - . . the dash being centered, you may lower to -2 and raise to +2 the mustek may have more control of Ep. I did mentionWhite balanceby error

the shutter speed well tehe focal length is regular mode 70 cm-~ (28 inchs -~

machro 50 cm-70 cm ( 20 inchs-28 inchs

lens is F2 8-F5.3

1/25th of a sec is an avr camera speed. and aiptek did not mention this nor does it have 100,200,300,400 ISO.

Some cameras have ISO 100. that would help out big time on Night shot

it has a low lux of not 1 lol but 100 electronic nd that makes it grainy or purple in film. hope this info cleared up somewhat of the confusion.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote